Latest post Wed, Feb 4 2009 9:24 AM by avgr. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Jan 12 2009 11:51 AM

• nealmccarthy
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Dec 30 2008
    • UTV, Belfast.
    • Posts 52
    • Points 480

Interplay Sent to Playback Folder

Nothing appears in the Sent To Playback folder in Interplay v1.4 in our installation.

I'm pretty sure it did work at some point in the past (the system is about 6 months old now). For a while now I thought I had done something with user permissions to restrict access to the Sent to Playback Folder, but I gave everyone R/W/D access to it still no joy. Creation of subfolders is allowed.

Sequences are sent from NewsCutter v7.

Any ideas how this process works? I thought anything sent to AirSpeed was placed in this folder by default. I can't find anything in the Airspeed/Transfer Manager/Interplay documents that allows you to set or change this function.

It isn't causing a big issue just bugging me - *.transfer files go to the folder in which the sequence is in in Interplay.

Neal McCarthy

Interplay v1.6 4 x MC Nitris DX v5.0.3 6 x NC v7.5.9 4 x Airspeed (2 Ingest/2 Playback) Unity ISIS v2.2.2 [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Jan 12 2009 1:24 PM In reply to

• BLKDOG
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Lansing, MI
    • Posts 17,731
    • Points 226,380
    • Avid Employee
      Moderator: MCA Mac
      Moderator: MCA PC

Re: Interplay Sent to Playback Folder

Try restarting both the interplay and the Airspeed. Most of the time these glitches can be cleared up with a simple restart of the servers involved.

Project Manager, Avid Professional Services - Americas [view my complete system specs]

In agreement, Unity. In Disagreement, Discussion. In all things, Charity.

• Mon, Jan 12 2009 1:42 PM In reply to

• nealmccarthy
    • Not Ranked
    • UTV, Belfast.
    • Posts 52
    • Points 480

Hmmm.

We do a complete system shut down on a monthly basis, next one due on Sunday. But last one 4 weeks ago didn't clear it.

I will let you know what happens after Sunday.

Thanks for the reply.

Interplay v1.6 4 x MC Nitris DX v5.0.3 6 x NC v7.5.9 4 x Airspeed (2 Ingest/2 Playback) Unity ISIS v2.2.2 [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Jan 20 2009 10:00 AM In reply to

• nealmccarthy
    • Not Ranked
    • UTV, Belfast.
    • Posts 52
    • Points 480

No, system reboot didn't fix it.

Does any body know how this function works? Does Transfer manager create the database entry in the Sent to Playback folder? Or is it the Newscutter?

As I said it isn't causing a major problem, but sometimes minor issues are the precursor to something more serious so I'd like to get to the bottom of it.

• Tue, Jan 20 2009 8:04 PM In reply to

• jweis
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Aug 17 2006
    • Posts 23
    • Points 205
    • Avid Employee

Quoting the response from one of our engineers:

It is the News Cutter that checks in the sequence into the Sent to Playback folder. There was a bug in version n.4 of MC/NC where the check-in would fail unless the user had write access to the root folder of the Interplay database (AvdWG). Having write access to the Sent to Playback folder was not sufficient. Could that be the problem?

The defect mentioned has been resolved in Interplay 1.5

• Tue, Jan 27 2009 8:58 AM In reply to

• nealmccarthy
    • Not Ranked
    • UTV, Belfast.
    • Posts 52
    • Points 480

I tried giving the NC users R/W access ro the root folder - left it like that for a day - no joy.

Then logged into Interplay as administrator in the NC and sent several sequences to playback - still no joy. You would think that if there were any permission issues logging in as administrator woud bypass them.

Not sure I like the idea of giving the NC users R/W access to the root folder anyway. Our system is used by our news editors and a post production dept and I like to keep the news users out of the post area therefore I give the NC users global read so they can't mess around in the post area (and vice versa).

• Wed, Feb 4 2009 9:24 AM In reply to

• avgr
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Mar 13 2006
    • Posts 5
    • Points 45

Hi Neal,

When sending material to playback there is a default PBCatalog created under catalogs that metadata for material sent to airspeeds is kept.

Also if your Editors user Group has Read-Write-Delete Access to Sent To playback Folder The Folder structure is created there as Week6 for example and Wednesday under that according to the Date & Time you have on your Editor.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller