Latest post Tue, May 22 2012 4:31 AM by BobbyMurcerFan. 19 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (20 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Jan 6 2009 2:47 AM

• drbgaijin
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Nov 4 2005
    • Kumamoto, Japan
    • Posts 6,658
    • Points 83,570

AvidFX Text Tool - 1

I guess that because there are already two text tools in MC the Text Tool in AvidFX is often overlooked.
    When it is not overlooked I imagine that many newcomers are, like I was, intimidated by the interface.
    In actual fact, as long as you don't try running before you learn to walk the basics of the Text Tool are quite simple. By "basics" I mean really basic basics!

Hope this tutorial will inspire you to new adventures in AvidFX Text Tool.

Regards
    Douglas

System 1:AMC 6.5.4, Edius Pro 7.31 - Windows 7 64 bit Pro SP1 - Nvidia Quadro FX3700, 331.65 driver - Quicktime 7.7.5 - 24GB memory, i7 980 3.33GHz CPU... [view my complete system specs]

Creator of Video Tutorials that mere mortals can understand

douglas@gaijin-eyes.com     Gaijin-Eyes Tutorials

• Tue, Jan 6 2009 1:06 PM In reply to

Re: AvidFX Text Tool - 1

Great tutorial Doug, thank you for creating an overview to titling with Avid FX. Community members may also be interested in watching this classic product quick tour video.

Adam Kranitz
    Editor-in-Chief, Avid Blogs

Guest submissions on music and filmmaking to blogs@avid.com. See you at Avid Connect Europe 2014 and IBC2014 Amsterdam this September.

• Tue, Jan 6 2009 3:11 PM In reply to

• drbgaijin
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Kumamoto, Japan
    • Posts 6,658
    • Points 83,570

Thank you for the kind words, Adam

That was a good idea of adding your tutorial under - makes it easier for anyone looking for help on the Text Tool to find at least 2 tutorials.

Regards,
    Douglas

System 1:AMC 6.5.4, Edius Pro 7.31 - Windows 7 64 bit Pro SP1 - Nvidia Quadro FX3700, 331.65 driver - Quicktime 7.7.5 - 24GB memory, i7 980 3.33GHz CPU... [view my complete system specs]

• Wed, Jan 7 2009 5:17 AM In reply to

Douglas,

Been using Avid for years, use TitleTool/Marquee/Heroglyth for captions.  Never really occured to me to use AvidFX.  Now I will, great tut.

Ra-ey

Symphony Nitris v7, Media Composer v7, Artist Color, ISIS v4.1, Unity MediaNetwork v5.4, Sapphire v6.1, Boris Continuum Complete v8.1.1, AvidFX... [view my complete system specs]

Media Composer 6 Certified User

Media Composer 6 Certified Professional

ra-eysaleh.com

LinkedIn

Showreel

• Thu, Mar 26 2009 9:26 PM In reply to

• spliceitup
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Los Angeles, Ca
    • Posts 2
    • Points 30

Hello community,

Can anyone help me figure out why I can't see any of the tutorial videos?  They go into loading mode, but never start playing.  I am on a MacBook Pro 3, 2.4 GHz processor, with Intel Core 2 Duo.

Thanks! Can't wait to view all the helpful tips!!

Felise

• Thu, Mar 26 2009 9:33 PM In reply to

emotion:
    Can anyone help me figure out why I can't see any of the tutorial videos?

Hi emotion, welcome to Community!

Are you using Safari or Firefox? Currently Community Videos are not compatible with Safari on Mac, we're working on a solution to that. On Firefox, I've noticed certain Extensions like AdBlock have conflicted with video playback. Feel free to message me through this site to troubleshoot further.

Adam

• Thu, Mar 26 2009 9:34 PM In reply to

• drbgaijin
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Kumamoto, Japan
    • Posts 6,658
    • Points 83,570

Hello and Welcome, Felise

I am not at home with the Mac, but I can tell you that the Tutorial files are Adobe Flash .FLV files.

I guess that you need Adobe Flash Player (or the MAC equivalent?) installed on your computer.

Regards,

Douglas

• Thu, Mar 26 2009 9:48 PM In reply to

• drbgaijin
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Kumamoto, Japan
    • Posts 6,658
    • Points 83,570

There you go, Felise.

Adam knows what he is talking about.... Yes

Good luck,

Douglas

• Thu, Mar 26 2009 9:54 PM In reply to

• spliceitup
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Los Angeles, Ca
    • Posts 2
    • Points 30

Thanks!!! You guys are awesome! :)

Really appreciate how well the site is run and all the helpful tips and tools you (freely) pass on!

Felise

• Wed, Jul 8 2009 4:24 PM In reply to

• Bcbflies
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Jul 7 2009
    • West Virginia
    • Posts 6
    • Points 120

I found the two AVID FX titling demos most helpful!  Are you all aware of any others regarding titling in AVID FX?  Thanks for great tuts!

--Brett

Avid Media Compser Adrenaline 3.5.1 on HP PC, with Unity server. Software: AVID FX, Sonicfire. Decks: SONY XDCAM F70, HDV. Shooting primarily 1080i... [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Jul 8 2009 4:43 PM In reply to

Hi Brett,

Since Avid FX is essentially the same application as Boris RED, you might find the tutorials on BorisFX.com helpful. Just click the link for RED.

Adam

Adam Kranitz
    Editor-in-Chief, Avid Blogs

Guest submissions on music and filmmaking to blogs@avid.com. See you at Avid Connect Europe 2014 and IBC2014 Amsterdam this September.

Filed under: , , ,
  • Wed, Jul 8 2009 11:56 PM In reply to

• drbgaijin
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Kumamoto, Japan
    • Posts 6,658
    • Points 83,570

Adam Kranitz:

Hi Brett,

Since Avid FX is essentially the same application as Boris RED, you might find the tutorials on BorisFX.com helpful. Just click the link for RED.

Adam

Brett, Adam is right. I overlooked the Tutorilas on the Boris site.
    A few years ago Boris support, in the form of tutorials, was a bit flakey to say the least.
    But since about a year ago things have improved greatly.

Anyone using AvidFX would be well advised to browse wround the Boris site.
    There is a lot of helpul stuff there.

Regards,
    Douglas

Edit: I saw that I had spelt "Tutorials" as "Tutorilas".
    I think that it sounds delicious, like some kind of Mexican food, so I'll just leave it as it is Geeked

• Wed, Dec 2 2009 1:12 AM In reply to

Fantastic tutorial.  What a powerful tool it is.  I am having a problem when I try to update a new font it still stays the same in the composite window which is a dark font.  This is a 3d text that I am using.  In 3d presets you can change the font at all. because it is way to dark for the key I have under the font.  Do I have a setting wrong?-Thank You

xw8400 4 gigs ram, fx 1500 composer 6.0 Avid DVD, AVID FX windows 7 [view my complete system specs]

RS

Filed under:
  • Mon, May 21 2012 11:39 PM In reply to

I'm not able to see the tutorial. I'm using IE9 on Windows 7 Pro 64-bit. Thanks for any help ;).

MC 6.0.5, AvidFX 6.4, BCC 8.2, Squeeze 8.1, QT 7.7.3, Nvidia driver 310.90, Window 7 Professional 64-bit SP1, IE9. Quadro 2000 and 600 videocards (three... [view my complete system specs]

"When I spent 60k on a discreet edit digisuite system 10 years ago someone came up to me to offer fcp 2, I said it was a scam too." -Ric

• Mon, May 21 2012 11:49 PM In reply to

• drbgaijin
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Kumamoto, Japan
    • Posts 6,658
    • Points 83,570

BobbyMurcerFan:

I'm not able to see the tutorial. I'm using IE9 on Windows 7 Pro 64-bit. Thanks for any help ;).

Try Firefox!

For some reason or other, Avid's site/server can no longer play back my tutorials on newer versions of browsers like IE9.

If Firefox is not an option take a look HERE instead.

Regards

Douglas

Page 1 of 2 (20 items) 1 2 Next >

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller