Latest post Tue, Dec 30 2008 3:29 AM by camoscato. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Dec 30 2008 2:25 AM

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 9,948
    • Points 214,875
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Paint a Path with AvidFX

I once used BorisFX as a plug-in to Avid Liquid and later in MC 2.8 to paint paths.
    I never could get consistent results.
    After upgrading to MC 3.x and installing Avid FX I found that the Paint a Path effect was much

easier to apply and control.
    AvidFX (Boris Red) still presents a steep learning curve, so I would like to try and lead newcomers

through the steps........ in a very basic and simple way.

Good luck!

Douglas

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

Twitter:  avidmarianna

Facebook: Marianna Montague

www.avidcustomerassociation.com   |  Connect 2019 | April 6-7 | Aria, Las Vegas, NV

WWLD

• Tue, Dec 30 2008 2:44 AM In reply to

Re: Paint a Path with AvidFX

Hi Douglas,

Nicely done!  FYI, you can do the same effect from within Media Composer using the Paint Effect and animating the path in a similar manner.

good luck,
    Carl

Media Composer 2018.11 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Tue, Dec 30 2008 3:10 AM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 9,948
    • Points 214,875
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Thanks for the feedback, Carl.

I didn't know that.
    By the way I used my newly installed Wacom Intuos to draw the path - beats a mouse anyday! (for that kind of job)

Regards,
    Douglas

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

Twitter:  avidmarianna

Facebook: Marianna Montague

www.avidcustomerassociation.com   |  Connect 2019 | April 6-7 | Aria, Las Vegas, NV

WWLD

• Tue, Dec 30 2008 3:29 AM In reply to

drbgaijin:
    I didn't know that.

I didn't know you could do it in Avid FX, so we both learned something.  Smile

drbgaijin:
    By the way I used my newly installed Wacom Intuos to draw the path - beats a mouse anyday!

Merry Christmas! Wink

adios,
    Carl

Media Composer 2018.11 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller