Latest post Sat, Jul 25 2009 3:57 PM by Marianna. 34 replies.
Page 1 of 3 (35 items) 1 2 3 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Nov 14 2008 10:43 PM

• juancnunez
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Nov 14 2008
    • Posts 3
    • Points 80

No Link between MC and MojoDX

We've have two Avid MC and MojoDX systems for about three weeks now and they've worked great. Yesterday, one of them lost connection to the MojoDX. We restared the system and it was back to normal. This morning it did it again but this time the restart didn't help. The host link is amber and will not recognize the computer. :(

The other setup is still working fine.

Has anyone seen this? Please help.

Intel Mac Pro

2x3GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon

8GB 800MHz DDR2 FB-DMM

Avid MC 3.0

Mojo DX

Filed under: , ,
  • Sat, Nov 15 2008 7:05 AM In reply to

Re: No Link between MC and MojoDX

did you check the connection (cable inserted properly? change cable?)

connect mojo to the other working computer/mojo combination ... if ok it is something on your computer side of the connection.

etc.?

Dell Precision 670, Xeon 3Ghz 3GB Memory 1 x 250 systemdisk, Gb 2x500 Gb datadisks, 4x 1Tb datadisks, Soundblaster Audigy, Quadro FX 1400, MC latest, Mojo... [view my complete system specs]

http://www.AvidUserGroup.NL fcp2avid

"The Technology Is Not Guilty" - Nicolas Philibert quoted in "Documentary in the digital age" by Maxine Baker (2006)

• Wed, Nov 19 2008 11:08 AM In reply to

• krezlic
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Nov 19 2008
    • Posts 7
    • Points 105

Hi,

We have 14 Mojo DX systems all on Mac, we are seeing the same issue, the assistant editors are aware of the issue and ensure each morning that the LINK light is stable on the MOJO, if its not they need to power down the mac and power down the MOJO SDI by holding the power button until it turns its self off and then remove the power and restart the unit.

Its a hassle, i think in the process some firmware on the DX units has got corrupt as i have had to RMA 3 units already....

• Wed, Nov 19 2008 12:12 PM In reply to

Have you both checked the hardware updater in the Utilities/Avid Utilities folder?  Make sure the DX does not need updating.  You can also run the hardware test from there as well to check for any hardware issues.

MC 2018.9, Blackmagic UltraStudio 4K, 12-Core MacPro, 64 GB RAM, 24 TB Thunderbolt Storage [view my complete system specs]

Conformity is the jailer of freedom and the enemy of growth. Motion Inc

• Thu, Nov 20 2008 1:26 AM In reply to

• krezlic
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 7
    • Points 105

Hi,

Hardware test reports when issue occurs cannot find DX

Once Unit is reset it finds fine and passes hardware test and loop back tests fine.

The Firmware Utility reports it is upto date.

The issue happens across all 14 DX units. The machines aren't being shut down any more to ensure no issues.

The issue seems to be after a shutdown and power on that the DX is sometimes not found on startup.

10.5.5 Harpertown 3.0 8 Core, 4GB System Memory 3.0.5 (MC)

Kre

• Thu, Nov 20 2008 1:44 AM In reply to

14!  Somethings not right there.  What slot is the pci-e card in?

MC 2018.9, Blackmagic UltraStudio 4K, 12-Core MacPro, 64 GB RAM, 24 TB Thunderbolt Storage [view my complete system specs]

• Thu, Nov 20 2008 1:48 AM In reply to

And are these harpertown or clovertown MacPro's?

• Thu, Nov 20 2008 3:43 AM In reply to

• krezlic
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 7
    • Points 105

The PCI Slot is Slot 4 ( TOP SLOT Furthest from Graphics Card ) Machines are Hapertown 3.0 Dual Quad Core ( 8 Cores total ) Even the newly RMA'd devices do the same thing, I think its a inherent bug in the DX hardware.

• Thu, Nov 20 2008 4:08 AM In reply to

Slot 4 is correct.  I'm not buying the inherent bug yet, but something is certainly not right there.  If it was a bug, I'd have seen it during Beta testing, which I did not, and further the walls would be coming down in these forums with angry users.  There's gotta be a common factor in your situation outside the DX's.  Is there a shared storage solution in the mix here?  Anything else out of the ordinary, when compared to a single system with local storage?

• Thu, Nov 20 2008 4:45 AM In reply to

• krezlic
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 7
    • Points 105

I donno how often you shut down your machine during beta testing but generally i wouldn't suspect that to be a beta testing component. Startup and Shutdown 2 times a day over a 15 day period?

Anyways, Its certainly a issue out onsite and is only effecting the DX systems. We are running Unity 5.0.1 via Ethernet

The issue happens on startup the DX doesn't start up and the link light flashes from the point when the kernel is loaded.

If you check the system in verbose mode the Mojo DX drives load before the AECIFS drivers load.

If you have the ability to check shutdown and reboot operation's i would because we certainly see the issue.

Kre.

• Thu, Nov 20 2008 2:06 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 10,215
    • Points 218,190
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Hey there...

Can you send me an email offline and let me know how I can reach you.... I definately want to chat about this and get to the bottom of it.

This isnt right... and shouldnt be happening.

Marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

Twitter:  avidmarianna

Facebook: Marianna Montague

www.avidcustomerassociation.com   |  Connect 2019 | April 6-7 | Aria, Las Vegas, NV

WWLD

• Thu, Nov 20 2008 7:24 PM In reply to

• marrian
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Feb 7 2006
    • Posts 49
    • Points 625

Hi Todd,

I know that Marianna is working on finding a solution, but I wanted to reply to your storage question on behalf of juancnunez, my co-worker.  We are not using a shared storage solution.  We have firewire drives with the media stored on them.  The problem is that of the 2 systems that we have, one works fine and the other does not, and they both are working with local storage.  I have also noticed that the problem occurs after powering the system down and back up.  If I do not do that, I don't get any errors.

-Marrian

• Thu, Nov 20 2008 8:19 PM In reply to

Thanks for the heads up.  I bumped this up to MM, so hopefully we'll get to the bottom of this.  The only discrepency I see in the other posters setup is the OS/QT version vs MC version.  Running 10.5.5 with MC 3 is not supportede.  10.5.3 was the last supported OS with MC 3.  Are you running MC 3 and 10.5.5?  Are both machines running 10.5.5 and MC 3?  Or is one on 10.5.3?

• Thu, Nov 20 2008 9:11 PM In reply to

I spoke with Marrian and we are replacing that Mojo.

Tony

Avid Customer Service

Please use the public user forums for technical assistance and advice. Please do not private message for product troubleshooting assistance. We do not... [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Nov 20 2008 10:15 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 10,215
    • Points 218,190
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Still need to hear from krezlic  as he mentins 14 of them.

Send me a note please krezlic  or respond to Tony or my email.

Marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

Twitter:  avidmarianna

Facebook: Marianna Montague

www.avidcustomerassociation.com   |  Connect 2019 | April 6-7 | Aria, Las Vegas, NV

WWLD

Page 1 of 3 (35 items) 1 2 3 Next >

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller