Latest post Thu, Nov 6 2008 8:31 PM by iedjie. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Oct 30 2008 12:38 AM

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 9,326
    • Points 206,900
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Adjusting audio using Keyframes and the Auto-gain mode

Continuing my series of Tutorials on the very basic stuff that can be difficult to find if you are a newcomer to MC's workflow.

This time I try to show the importance of reading the manual before trying to adjust the audio gain!

Regards,

Douglas

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

AOL IM:  avidmarianna

Twitter:  avidmarianna

WWLD

• Thu, Nov 6 2008 8:31 PM In reply to

• iedjie
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Netherlands
    • Posts 236
    • Points 2,740

Re: Adjusting audio using Keyframes and the Auto-gain mode

I have another nice tip. If you map the "rewind" and "fast-forward" buttons from the command palette to the A and S key of your keyboard, they respond the same as usuall. You can jump back or forward from cut to cut. But when in the audiomixer the automation gain tool is selected, you can jump back and forward between audio-keyframes in the timeline. Simply click the value box in the automation gain tool to to type in a certain value or drag the slider. It gives you more precizion than in the small timeline tracks.

mobo MSI P55-GD65, CPU Intel i5-750 @ 3.2 Ghz, memory G.SKILL F3-10666CL7D 2x4GB, Videocard Nvidia Quadro FX 3700, PSU OCZ 500MXSP, Harddisks; Crucial... [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller