Latest post Wed, Oct 1 2008 7:56 PM by margie_beeson. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Oct 1 2008 2:27 AM

Can you import P2 at a low resolution?

We have XDCams and have a great work flow for working with the proxies for offline, then up rezing for online.

An out of house production is bringing in a firewire drive with P2 on it and I am researching that format now. In the info I have there seems to be no problem "import P2" to a bin and then making sure that the files end up on your Unity workspace. But there was no mention of resolution.

Is it like the XDCam proxies or can I select the resolution of the import offline the sequence then select the Online sequence and batch import P2 to uprez?

Thanks

Margie Beeson

818-694-9266

Margie Beeson

818-694-9266

Filed under: , , ,
  • Wed, Oct 1 2008 2:34 AM In reply to

Re: Can you import P2 at a low resolution?

P2 has no 'proxie' res... AFAIK, you import it at the native res and then transcode to a lower res if you like.  One of the many inherent problems with P2 vs XDcam, IMO.

MacPro dual 2.66GHz 6GB RAM nVIDIA GeForce 7300 GT Storage: 2TB G-Speed eS with controller card 3x1TB Hitachi SATA-II internals, various external FW/USB... [view my complete system specs]

Kenton VanNatten | Avid Editor (for hire)

"I am not obsessed... I'm detail-oriented"

• Wed, Oct 1 2008 3:16 PM In reply to

Yep, P2 will come in at whatever format it was shot in, no proxies. Proxies can be pretty handy, I'm still figuring out the best workflow to use in my shop with them.

:: Work - Symphony Nitris DX 3.5.1, HP xw8600 :: Home - Intel 3.0Ghz Quad CPU 8GB G.Skill DDR3 7-7-7 1600 Ram Asus P5E3 Pro NVidia Quadro FX... [view my complete system specs]

"Don't go by my script, they're always wrong." - producer to me while editing

• Wed, Oct 1 2008 7:56 PM In reply to

We pretty much brought in the proxies, then immediately modified the tape name to the master clips  act as if they are tapes not imports (you can not go back to import after this is done). Then when we were ready to Online we batch digitize the sequence. This work really well.

Have an question let me know: e-mail me at margie_beeson@yahoo.com

Also have you talked with Jessy Busyhead he is a master at XDCam workflow.

Margie Beeson

818-694-9266

Margie Beeson

818-694-9266

Filed under:
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller