Latest post Fri, Jul 4 2008 11:39 AM by TerryO. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Apr 14 2008 2:23 PM

• Julian L
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Feb 21 2008
    • London
    • Posts 4
    • Points 55

Trouble getting firewire drives to be seen by the media indexer

We are running with Interplay version 1.2.1 and Avid adrenalines 2.8.1

When we point our client machine indexer to the MXF media files folder on the firewire drive the media indexer either states 'storage not found' or states 'normal' but in both cases is not scanning and will not see the media.

Has anyone had  any similar experiences or problems not neing able to see firewire media on an Interplay system?

Thanks

56TB ISIS v1.5 Interplay v1.4.2 22 x Media Composer v3.0.6 [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Apr 14 2008 4:50 PM In reply to

• felipousis
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Miami, FL
    • Posts 532
    • Points 5,600
    • Avid Employee
      Moderator: Spanish Language

Re: Trouble getting firewire drives to be seen by the media indexer

Julian: did you added the option to scan local drives in the editor?

Regards

Custom Mac Pro OSX 10.8.5 | Windows 7 Pro 64 | ProTools HD Software | Focusrite Saffire Pro 40 | MBox 3 | UAD Quad PCIe | JBL LSR 305 | Universal Audio... [view my complete system specs]

Felipe Gonzalez A.
    Recording Engineer/AES member.
    Avid ACSR Elite

http://felipousismix.wix.com/felipousismix

https://soundcloud.com/felipegonzalez-1-1/tracks

• Mon, Apr 14 2008 6:46 PM In reply to

• Highnoon
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Jul 11 2006
    • Denver, CO USA
    • Posts 60
    • Points 700

i have inconsistent problems with this.

when you go into service config and set the MI Service path to the drive, do you disconnect the 1394 connection to the Adrenaline?

i have better luck getting MI Service to scan drives via USB2 than Firewire for whatever reason, but i've only used them to relink then consolidate media from remote locations onto our ISIS system, not to edit from.

try tapping the drive to the Avid MediaFiles folder, and letting avid find the MXF>1 folder by itself, instead of driving all the way to it. and yes, check your media creation settings and make sure you've selected "automatically scan local drives as they come online", which typically (but not always, i've found) will create that path in the MI Service Config.

also, if it sees the drive and returns a [Normal], copy in or delete something random from the MXF folder and see if that drives a rescan or database creation.

39 MCsoft 2.7.7 w/Mojo HP XW8000-8200 Avid ISIS 1.4 64TB Avid Interplay 1.1.6 60 Avid Interplay Assist 1.6 2 Dual Boot Symphony Nitris/DS v8.0 HPXW9300... [view my complete system specs]
    Eli Hensley | High Noon Entertainment Technical Services Manager & Morale Officer the race for quality has no finish line...so technically it's more like a death march.
  • Thu, May 1 2008 8:36 AM In reply to

• Julian L
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Feb 21 2008
    • London
    • Posts 4
    • Points 55

Thanks for your reply. Glad you are having inconsistant problems with this also.

Tried you ideas but with no success. Avid have a system that they are experiencing similar problems on another of their own systems.

Apparently the next version 1.2.3 does not fix this problem yet.

Will get back to you if I here any more.

56TB ISIS v1.5 Interplay v1.4.2 22 x Media Composer v3.0.6 [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Jul 4 2008 11:39 AM In reply to

• TerryO
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Mon, Oct 24 2005
    • Oslo, Norway
    • Posts 253
    • Points 2,815

We have the same problem here at TV 2 Norway.

Avid Norway is investigating the problem for us.

In the mean time, as a workaround, we use a special .bat file to make the Avid temporarily "Standalone" .

This way we can access/import files. Then an other .bat file makes it "Interplay" again so we can Check in the clips.

Work machines: 7 Avid Media Composer Adrenaline/Nitris DX/Mojo version 5.0.3.2 Avid Sympony Nitris DX v. 5.0.3.2 Interplay v. 2.1 and Unity Medianet ... [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller