Latest post Wed, Mar 26 2008 2:27 AM by brainburst. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Mar 24 2008 7:01 PM

• jfay
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Posts 41
    • Points 465

Exception, Operation Not Supported, Filename:Creating5

I know this problem has been posted on here before and the solution was to dismount any NTFS drives, but I am having a bit of a different issue.  I don't have any NTFS drives mounted.  I have a network drive that is attached to a simple share on a Linux server box.  Video renders just fine to the shared partition and so do audio dissolves.  The problem I am having is that when I pull up the AudioSuite DAE and try to render to my Linux share it gives the error (Exception, Operation Not Supported, Filename:Creating5).  I can render the DAE to my local media drive, but not the network partition.  As I stated all of the video renders work fine and audio fades work as well to the shared partition.

I have tried checking most of the issues that people reported on other similar threads like looking for a # sign on the end of the creating etc.   I even tried loading up NTFS for Mac and it didn't fix it either.  I am wondering if there is a setting I am forgetting or something....

Here is my system specs:

MacPro 2-Proc Dual Core Xeon 2.66, 7300GT 5GB of Ram.  OS 10.4.10 with optimizations done from the unofficial Avid Mac tech guide.  Server is Fedora Core 8 running on an HP 8200. (yes that is my old Avid)

• Mon, Mar 24 2008 7:45 PM In reply to

• jfay
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Posts 41
    • Points 465

Re: Exception, Operation Not Supported, Filename:Creating5

I just read a thread where someone seeemed to be having a similar issue to mine, the difference is that the video works fine on my system, so do audio dissolves.  It's only the AudioSuite DAE and also trying to capture a scratch track to the shared drive does not work.

We have an EditShare system and I have tried just mapping that only and still found the same problem.

• Wed, Mar 26 2008 2:27 AM In reply to

Re: Exception, Operation Not Supported, Filename:Creating5

Anything other than Mac format drives will give you problems. (Fat32, Linux etc)
    Also check permissions.

Most are New MacPro 12 core or 8 Core 2012 MacPros with 24+ Gb Ram nvidia gtx 1070 [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller