Latest post Thu, Mar 20 2008 4:41 PM by Highnoon. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Mar 20 2008 10:06 AM

• WDJ
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Dec 29 2005
    • The Netherlands
    • Posts 14
    • Points 200

Using Multigroups in Assist

Hey, is there anyone who is using Multigroups in Avid Assist?

Is it possible?

Workflow would be: ingest a show in multiple streams, then make a multigroup of it. Push it back in Interplay where the director can cut it basically in Assist. Afterwards make a final edit in an Adrenaline.

Anyone?

• Thu, Mar 20 2008 10:14 AM In reply to

• Baklap
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Hilversum - The Netherlands
    • Posts 6,944
    • Points 82,400
    • Moderator: Avid Xpress Pro PC

Re: Using Multigroups in Assist

can you elaborate a wee more on what it is you are trying to achieve? Multigroup editing in Assist or someway to fake that?

Menno

35+ MC's - 224TB Isis - 2.2 PB Spectra T950 - Interplay - 2 Media Central's - 3 TM's - 2 STP's - 500 TB Isilon - 2 Vantage - MOG SPeedrail... [view my complete system specs]

Twitter Account

"If you do what you did you will get what you got!"

My Keys

Filed under: ,
  • Thu, Mar 20 2008 10:23 AM In reply to

• WDJ
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Dec 29 2005
    • The Netherlands
    • Posts 14
    • Points 200

No, the idea is to make an offline edit in assist based on 1 videostream while keeping the multigroup so we can edit the assist timeline in an Adrenaline with the original Multiclips.

In Dutch: BM en 2 x ISO multigroupen, voormonteren op Assist obv de multigroup en vervolgens afmonteren in een Adrenaline in de multigroup mode.

• Thu, Mar 20 2008 12:05 PM In reply to

• Baklap
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Hilversum - The Netherlands
    • Posts 6,944
    • Points 82,400
    • Moderator: Avid Xpress Pro PC

Got you.. would be awesome but i doubt very much the ability for Assist to (ever) get this working. I think the earliest you'll find is NC or MC-Soft. Assist is rudimentary as it is and in many situations far to rudimentary..

Menno

35+ MC's - 224TB Isis - 2.2 PB Spectra T950 - Interplay - 2 Media Central's - 3 TM's - 2 STP's - 500 TB Isilon - 2 Vantage - MOG SPeedrail... [view my complete system specs]

Twitter Account

"If you do what you did you will get what you got!"

My Keys

• Thu, Mar 20 2008 4:41 PM In reply to

• Highnoon
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Jul 11 2006
    • Denver, CO USA
    • Posts 60
    • Points 700

Assist currently does not support multigroups for video.

as well, we've had some issues where sequences containing clips from multigroups that were checked-in/out thru the Interplay window into other bays sometimes lose track of the some of the clips in the group.

that is, a 6 camera group will follow the sequence (as a reference clip) into the bay, but when you step into multicam mode, you'll only see 4 of the 6 clips from the group, with clips from 1 random camera showing up multiple times.

we just had the assistant editor rebuild the multigroup clips, but you should probably check-out multigroup clips thru Interplay Access, rather than the Interplay Window in MC.

39 MCsoft 2.7.7 w/Mojo HP XW8000-8200 Avid ISIS 1.4 64TB Avid Interplay 1.1.6 60 Avid Interplay Assist 1.6 2 Dual Boot Symphony Nitris/DS v8.0 HPXW9300... [view my complete system specs]
    Eli Hensley | High Noon Entertainment Technical Services Manager & Morale Officer the race for quality has no finish line...so technically it's more like a death march.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller