Latest post Mon, Mar 17 2008 3:55 PM by Butcher. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Mar 17 2008 3:27 PM

• Butcher
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on Mon, Apr 17 2006
    • Jacksonville, FL
    • Posts 1,440
    • Points 18,600

Probably not possible, but...

First, thanks for all your work guys.  It can't be easy.

Second, I love that I can personalize the forum display.  For example, I don't need to see the archived forums, so I can remove that for less clutter.  Awesome.

My request:  I'd love to be able to personalize it even more.  Instead of dropping an entire group, I'd like to hide specific forums I'll never go to.  For example, I can't help anyone in the Interplay, Deko, Unity, or DS forums, and I never read posts there.  I'd love to hide those forums as well so I'm only looking at the forums involving products I've used/will use.

Again, may not be possible and I know you have much bigger fish to fry, but thought I'd throw it out there. 

Thanks again.

Michael.

• Mon, Mar 17 2008 3:34 PM In reply to

• Pif
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid Tewksbury
    • Posts 202
    • Points 2,305

Re: Probably not possible, but...

Absolutely; in fact you could in the old version as well. Go back to the top level of forums, and at the top of the list (just below the "Discussions" header) should be a link labeled "Personalize". After you click it it will re-display the forums list. The last column of the list show whether or not a particular forum is displayed; click the "Yes" link to set it to be hidden.

You can always return to this personalized list to re-show if you want. Also, posts made to those forums will still display in the active, unanswered boxes.

Mike Pifalo

Sr. Web Producer, Onling Mktg and User Experience

http://www.avid.com

Filed under: ,
  • Mon, Mar 17 2008 3:55 PM In reply to

• Butcher
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on Mon, Apr 17 2006
    • Jacksonville, FL
    • Posts 1,440
    • Points 18,600

Re: Probably not possible, but...

Wow!  I completely missed that, huh?  Thanks so much, my Avid forum page is now completely personalized.  It's official--I love the new design.

Thanks Pif, you guys are great.

Michael.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller