Latest post Thu, Jan 17 2008 9:22 PM by MarisaGatto. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Jan 10 2008 10:21 AM

• abmukh80
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Oct 5 2007
    • Posts 19
    • Points 250

Consolidation process

Hi Guys,

I wanted to understand the consolidation process on ISIS/Interplay setup. IS it compulsory to use the editing client for a consolidate process? Or can we use interplay in anyway regarding this? If we've to use MC please throw some light on the Consolidation settings as well.

Being a sports broadcast channel the master clips ingested are quite long, however after the completion of edit we cut down to almost 1/4 of the size. Now I have to hold on to this footage for quite some time on the ISIS.

Please suggest me the easiest way to consolidate a sequence and free up space on ISIS.

Cheers

• Thu, Jan 10 2008 10:35 AM In reply to

• Baklap
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Hilversum - The Netherlands
    • Posts 6,944
    • Points 82,400
    • Moderator: Avid Xpress Pro PC

Re: Consolidation process

As far as i know consolidating is only possible with a editing client. And it does not go right everytime and somehow we are unable to pinpoint the "why". The how's strongly depend on your companies use of the interplay system and chosen workflows...

We have consolidation spaces both for PT sessions and finals. Then we also have spaces for finals that need to be archived... so quite some ways to achieve it Smile

Menno

[EDIT] for some settings have a look at this post...
    35+ MC's - 224TB Isis - 2.2 PB Spectra T950 - Interplay - 2 Media Central's - 3 TM's - 2 STP's - 500 TB Isilon - 2 Vantage - MOG SPeedrail... [view my complete system specs]

Twitter Account

"If you do what you did you will get what you got!"

My Keys

• Thu, Jan 17 2008 9:22 PM In reply to

Re: Consolidation process

To consolidate yes, as far as I know you need an editor.  I'll outline my process here but please, if someone knows another way, I'd like to hear it too!  This used to work consistantly in Unity, but now in Isis/Interplay it's not as relible for me.

Make new project in new or dedicated workspace.

Drag in copy of sequence.

Right click Consolidat/transcode -- choose consolidate-- choose 60frame handles.

This makes new clips with ".new" extensions for this sequence with handles.  Then you should be able to safely delete the old media (the ones without a ".new" extension on it). 

And if you want to move this consolidated project:  On your external drive or disc or whatever make a new folder (keeps media from mixing with other projects you may want on that drive or disc) and drag into it your new consolidated project folder with its Avid Mediafiles folder (or OMFI mediafiles folder). 

Note this posting from Mercedes too:

Mercedes:

Hi,

We're using ISIS/Interplay with Media Composers and I have just consolidated a sequence in two ways.  First creating a new sequence and secondly without creating a new sequence - in the second case the original master clips no longer show any connnection to the original sequence.  In the first case the original sequence links to the original clips but the consolidated sequence doesn't it only links to the consolidated sequence.

It is important that the SKIP MEDIA ALREADY ON TARGET DRIVE IS UNCHECKED otherwise you won't get new media in all cases.

Hope this helps,

Mercedes

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller