Latest post Mon, Nov 19 2007 8:01 PM by Stephen Hull. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Nov 13 2007 10:49 PM

• Stephen Hull
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Tulsa, OK
    • Posts 35
    • Points 420

Capturing into Interplay Folders instead of Avid Bins

Does anyone have experience capturing to Interplay using the Capture tool in Media Composer?  We tried it last night and had random results.  Avid said it is a known bug and they are working on it.

We use MC 2.7.2 and Interplay 1.1.2.6177 connected to an ISIS.  We captured D-Beta and Betacam via a Sony J3 deck.  Some connected via Mojo and some via Adreneline.

We opened MC, logged into Interplay, opened the IPlay Window, created the folder, selected it then opened the Capture tool, chose capture to Interplay and selected the folder as the "bin" then started the capture.

Some clips showed up in Interplay and some did not.  No rhyme nor reason to any of it. I double checked via Access (as Admin) but no clips.  The mxf files were (and are still) on the ISIS workspace but they naver made it into Interplay.  The clips were either 30 min. or just under an hour long.  Tests with shorter clips (30 sec to 5 min in length) worked fine as did some of these longer clips last night.

Thoughts?

Unity, ISIS, Interplay, Media Composers [view my complete system specs]
    Stephen H Media Manager WinnerComm Tulsa, OK
  • Wed, Nov 14 2007 2:04 AM In reply to

Re: Capturing into Interplay Folders instead of Avid Bins

That sounds strange, but have you first checked the "Unchecked In Avid Assets" folder?

Do you think there is any correlation to the length of the clip and your Capture settings?
    MacPro dual 2.66GHz 6GB RAM nVIDIA GeForce 7300 GT Storage: 2TB G-Speed eS with controller card 3x1TB Hitachi SATA-II internals, various external FW/USB... [view my complete system specs]

Kenton VanNatten | Avid Editor (for hire)

"I am not obsessed... I'm detail-oriented"

• Wed, Nov 14 2007 4:39 AM In reply to

• lawsonr
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Jun 8 2006
    • CBS News
    • Posts 313
    • Points 3,655

Check the "clip is updated in Interplay" setting in the MXF tab of your Capture Settings.

Is that enabled?

Avid NewsCutter v10.5.4, ISIS 7000 v4.6.1, Interplay 2.7, Interplay Central 1.8 [view my complete system specs]

--- Rob Lawson System Administrator, ACSR CBS News

• Thu, Nov 15 2007 6:46 PM In reply to

• Stephen Hull
    • Not Ranked
    • Tulsa, OK
    • Posts 35
    • Points 420

Kenton,

I appreciate your response.

There are a lot of items in the Unchecked-in folder but none relate to this issue.  The length of clips must be part of it because shorter tests worked fine.  The next thought is break the clip into smaller parts.  That will not work for us.

The capture length in MC is set to 90 minutes and these are a  less than an hour.  The randomness of some working and some not promted the call to Avid.

• Thu, Nov 15 2007 6:59 PM In reply to

• Stephen Hull
    • Not Ranked
    • Tulsa, OK
    • Posts 35
    • Points 420

Rob,

I looked on one of the systems and that option was not checked.  I will try again with that enabled.  This could be an answer but the other night a couple of tapes worked and the rest didn't.  I am pretty sure this option was not enabled then but I will give it another go tonight.

Thanks for the tip.

• Mon, Nov 19 2007 8:01 PM In reply to

• Stephen Hull
    • Not Ranked
    • Tulsa, OK
    • Posts 35
    • Points 420

Rob - It looks like the "clip update in Interplay" setting will resolve our issues.  I tested with some different tapes and they went in just fine.

Thanks for your insights.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller