Latest post Sun, Nov 18 2007 5:10 PM by Mercedes. 10 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Nov 8 2007 8:46 PM

• Stephen Hull
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Tulsa, OK
    • Posts 35
    • Points 420

Customize Interplay Window within Media Composer

We are running MC 2.7 and Interplay 1.1.0.

When our editors check in a bin of sequences, Interplay shows them similiar to a "decomposed" or exploded view.  All relatives of the sequence appear in the Interplay Window folder.  They don't want to see the relatives only the sequences like they appear in the Avid bins.

Is there a way to group items like we can in Access?  Or better yet, is there a way to filter out items like the extended search in Access? For now they sort by type then scroll down to the sequences.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts.

Unity, ISIS, Interplay, Media Composers [view my complete system specs]
    Stephen H Media Manager WinnerComm Tulsa, OK
  • Thu, Nov 8 2007 10:45 PM In reply to

• Highnoon
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Jul 11 2006
    • Denver, CO USA
    • Posts 60
    • Points 700

Re: Customize Interplay Window within Media Composer

no way to stop the relatives from following the sequence in the interplay window or in assist. editors hate it, writers hate it.

we've actually submitted a feature request to stop that behavior, or make it optional. the clutter it causes is boggling.
    39 MCsoft 2.7.7 w/Mojo HP XW8000-8200 Avid ISIS 1.4 64TB Avid Interplay 1.1.6 60 Avid Interplay Assist 1.6 2 Dual Boot Symphony Nitris/DS v8.0 HPXW9300... [view my complete system specs]
    Eli Hensley | High Noon Entertainment Technical Services Manager & Morale Officer the race for quality has no finish line...so technically it's more like a death march.
  • Fri, Nov 9 2007 8:01 AM In reply to

• Baklap
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Hilversum - The Netherlands
    • Posts 6,944
    • Points 82,400
    • Moderator: Avid Xpress Pro PC

Highnoon:
    no way to stop the relatives from following the sequence in the interplay window or in assist. editors hate it, writers hate it. we've actually submitted a feature request to stop that behavior, or make it optional. the clutter it causes is boggling.

Agreed, It should even be possible to have Assist behave like "we" want it to kinda like in Access. At least be able to switch certain info on or off for viewing.

Menno
    35+ MC's - 224TB Isis - 2.2 PB Spectra T950 - Interplay - 2 Media Central's - 3 TM's - 2 STP's - 500 TB Isilon - 2 Vantage - MOG SPeedrail... [view my complete system specs]

Twitter Account

"If you do what you did you will get what you got!"

My Keys

• Sun, Nov 11 2007 5:36 PM In reply to

• Mercedes
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Mar 31 2006
    • Dublin, Ireland
    • Posts 57
    • Points 615

If you open the Interplay window and then go to the Bin Menu - select Set Interplay Window Display - there you can select which items you wish to see in the interplay window.  One problem is that this doesn't always stick so may need to be repeated.

The other way to get around it is to use the media search panel - navigate to the folder/bin in the Search In window and then only select sequences (deselecting master clips and subclip).  However I agree that this is cumbersome!

Hope this helps,

Mercedes

Client Operating system : XP pro SP2 Client Avid version : 3.1.1.1 QT 7.5.5 Adrenaline Sys info: CPU :xw8200 4GB ram Interplay 1.5 ISIS 2.0.1... [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Nov 12 2007 3:57 PM In reply to

• rtl
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, May 17 2006
    • Stamford, CT
    • Posts 6
    • Points 60

You can get your settings to stick by selecting the Media Search tab in the Interplay window.  Now go to Bin Menu and you'll see that it now says "Set Default Interplay Window Display".  That will set all your tabs now in the Interplay window to what you want to see.
  • Tue, Nov 13 2007 11:41 AM In reply to

• Mercedes
    • Not Ranked
    • Dublin, Ireland
    • Posts 57
    • Points 615

rtl is right.  Be careful though if you do this while on a tab other than the Media Search Tab the change is setting will only apply to that tab.
    Client Operating system : XP pro SP2 Client Avid version : 3.1.1.1 QT 7.5.5 Adrenaline Sys info: CPU :xw8200 4GB ram Interplay 1.5 ISIS 2.0.1... [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Nov 13 2007 10:34 PM In reply to

• Stephen Hull
    • Not Ranked
    • Tulsa, OK
    • Posts 35
    • Points 420

Great replies from everyone!  I really appreciate the input and I will pass it along to the editors.  They have the same feelings about how the window functions but this information will make it a little more tolerable.

Thanks again.

Setphen

• Thu, Nov 15 2007 7:06 PM In reply to

• Stephen Hull
    • Not Ranked
    • Tulsa, OK
    • Posts 35
    • Points 420

I shared the above info with our editors and most found it helpful.  I also changed our Property Layout settings to Post as opposed to Broadcast or Film.  That made the default properties available more suitable for our environment.

Thanks again.

• Thu, Nov 15 2007 9:27 PM In reply to

• Mercedes
    • Not Ranked
    • Dublin, Ireland
    • Posts 57
    • Points 615

That sounds interesting - how did you do that?
  • Fri, Nov 16 2007 3:57 PM In reply to

• Stephen Hull
    • Not Ranked
    • Tulsa, OK
    • Posts 35
    • Points 420

Mercedes,

I logged into the Interplay Administration tool and choose Property Layout on the Site Settings row.  There are three "presets" which auto select the system properties available.  You can completely customize the selections to show only the fields relevant to your needs.

• Sun, Nov 18 2007 5:10 PM In reply to

• Mercedes
    • Not Ranked
    • Dublin, Ireland
    • Posts 57
    • Points 615

Thanks I'll look into that - the options might improve our situation too.
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller