Latest post Wed, Jul 4 2012 7:42 PM by Hugues Cormier. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, May 14 2007 11:03 PM

• Doug Croden
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • London Ont Canada
    • Posts 93
    • Points 1,070

how to go from DNxHD 145 to Blu-ray HELP

I recorded my video with a PDWF350L imported into my express pro 5.7 as DNxHD 145

How do I get it to AVID DVD using quick time reference?

Right now I get the following message :  

“Long GOP media can not be exported using Quick Time Reference. You need to export the sequence as  Quick Time Movie”

what is the best way to go from a AVID time line to AVID DVD Blu-ray project

Studio Complete 5.7

hp xw8000 2 gig ram

Quick Time 7.1.6

MC 5 HPZ400 Nvida Quadro 3800 6 gig ram 6TB drives Avid Production Suite MC 5 HPwx8400 Nvidia Quadro FX 4500 4 gig ram 4TB drives Avid Production... [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, May 15 2007 2:43 AM In reply to

• Adman
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Atlanta Georgia, USA
    • Posts 5,293
    • Points 59,670
    • BlogAuthor
      Moderator: Avid Free DV
      Moderator: Avid Xpress DV PC
      Moderator: Avid Xpress Studio
      Moderator: MCA PC

Re: how to go from DNxHD 145 to Blu-ray HELP

The most likely solution, IMHO, would be to use Sorenson Squeeze and output as an Mpeg. Sorenson (v 4.5)  has several Bluray output filter options as well as an HD_DVD export filter. Btw... when you find out what works, please report back and let us know.

Mac Pro. QHD Ultra wide, thunderbolt LG monitor, MC 2018.3.0. Pro Tools 11 HD (Mbox 3 Pro), iPad Pro 12.9". 17" Macbook Pro i7. Dell Precision... [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, May 23 2007 8:33 PM In reply to

• RickyB
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Apr 3 2006
    • Detroit, MI
    • Posts 15
    • Points 165

Hi guys,

I'm a newbie & tried many ways before I finally got help & have it work great now. Just to make sure I understand let me tell you what I did to make sure this is what you're talking about.  I captured HDV from my Sony FX1 to Avid XP 5.7. Then I kept running into the Long GOP error when I tried to move the clips to Sonic DVD by Avid 5.7 too.

Then I took what was in the Timeline & used the Transcode feature output to a QT ref & then ended up in Sonic DVD by Avid & selected the Blu-ray setting. I burned it on a Blu-ray RE which means I can record over the disk many times which I have & played it back on my Sony BD player & it looks great.

I'm not looking at my notes on that now but if you'd like any particulars don't hesitate to e-mail or whatever & I'll be glad to respond.  Also if you know how I can test a just-burned Blu-ray disk in my HP xw8400 with the Nvidia 3500 card please let me know. Someone said I should be able to but I've had no luck. Take care.

Avid Certified Laptop (Clevo) &... [view my complete system specs]
    RickyB
  • Wed, Jul 4 2012 7:42 PM In reply to

Here is what I do when I get the "Long GOP" error message trying to export my XDCAM EX files as a QuickTime Reference file:

Mixdown the video (it makes a single file of your entire sequence) and save it into any bin (I usually create a new bin and call it "Mixdowns", then put it there).  First set your IN and OUT points at the very start and end of your sequence (or the part you want to export).  If you have multiple video tracks, make sure the "viewer" is at the top to include all the tracks.  You can mixdown the audio separately, but it is usually not necessary.

For safety, duplicate your original sequence (and rename it "XXX Downmix" or "V2" for example).

Only activate the video track(s) in your timeline.

Find your newly created video mixdown file and double-click it in the bin so it appears in the source monitor.

In the Source monitor, select the IN to OUT icon to mark the entire clip and click on the red "replace" icon to overwrite the video sequence in the timeline.  The audio track(s) should remain unchanged.

You can now export this new sequence (V2) as a QuickTime Reference file (audio will be exported too) without the error message.

From AVID DVD, import the QuickTime Reference file (media) by clicking on the video file - the audio file will also automatically tag along.  The software will process your video from that mixdown file, which is now compatible.

You can then create a blu-ray disc and/or a DVD.  Have fun !

Hugues

Avid Media Composer 6.5 + Sony Vegas Pro 12 + HP Elitebook 8730W Workstation Notebook + Sony PDW-700 Notebook + 2 Sony PMW-EX3 camcorders + 1 Sony HXR... [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller