Latest post Sat, Jan 27 2007 4:10 AM by ljCharlie. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sat, Jan 27 2007 3:06 AM

• ljCharlie
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Posts 397
    • Points 5,155

How to crop and resize footage?

I have an old dv footage that is in a VHS tape. I recently recapture that into AVI files. However, at the bottom of the clip is the date and time and I like to crop that out and resize the footage to fill the whole 4:3 screen. Is this possible? I know that Adobe After Effect does this relatively easy, but I like to avoid using AE if possible because I don't want to render from AE and then re-import it back into Avid for editing.

Any help is appreciated.

• Sat, Jan 27 2007 3:14 AM In reply to

• Peter Chan
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sat, Jan 13 2007
    • USA
    • Posts 34
    • Points 445

Re: How to crop and resize footage?

you can just do this once you get the footage into xpress and using the resize effects tool.  after you apply the effect, open your effects editor and change the scaling and visually see when the time date is gone.

depending on your avid xpress system, you may or may not be able to import avi file.  I believe the older version does not support avi import.
    Avid Xpress Studio Essentials 5.2.1 with Mojo and MBox Xpress Pro HD 5.2.1 and Quicktime 7.03, Pro Tools LE 6.5.3, Avid 3d v2.1a, Avid FX, Avid DVD 5... [view my complete system specs]
    Peter DRProductions
  • Sat, Jan 27 2007 4:10 AM In reply to

• ljCharlie
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Posts 397
    • Points 5,155

Re: How to crop and resize footage?

Thanks! That seems to work. Not the best way to delete the date but that's the only way I can think of.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

Avid Technology, Inc. brands:
M-Audio  |   Sibelius  |   Pinnacle Systems  |  

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller