Latest post Tue, Oct 23 2012 3:33 AM by MIT LAB. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sat, Oct 7 2006 10:02 PM

• wmcole
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Posts 573
    • Points 7,615

Avid DVD Button Highlight Bug

I have a menu with 6 buttons on it, two link to slide shows, 3 to video clips and one to a playlist of two slide shows (as a work-around to the 999 slides per show). All buttons are set so they do not override the end-actions of the items attached to them.

In either a slide-show or movies attributes panel, Slideshow or Movie tab, you can select  an end action of returning to a menu, and set which button to highlight upon return.  This is where the bug is.

The button selection offers a pulldown with options of none (--) or any of the buttons available on the menu selected as the return destination.  However, in the example above, only the  "--" selection can be selected directly.  Trying to select Button 1 or Button 2 results in "--".  Selecting button 3 results in Button 1, selecting button 4 results in Button 2 etc.  There is no way to end up with Button 5 or Button 6 selected.

This is in Avid DD by Sonic 5.2.1 which as far as I know is the most current version.   The problem DID NOT exist in Sonic DVDit! Pro 6.

Has any one else experienced this problem?

If so, have you found a workaround?

HP z840 dual 8-core; PCI slot 3, Creative SB X-Fi audio card; 32 GB Ram; 4 x 1 TB RAID 5 internal SATA Western Digital Caviar Green Media drives (appears... [view my complete system specs]

-----

wmc

• Fri, Oct 13 2006 12:07 AM In reply to

• wmcole
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Posts 573
    • Points 7,615

Re: Avid DVD Button Highlight Bug

(bump)

Nobody authoring DVDs with menus and buttons in AvidDVD by Sonic 5.2.1?

HP z840 dual 8-core; PCI slot 3, Creative SB X-Fi audio card; 32 GB Ram; 4 x 1 TB RAID 5 internal SATA Western Digital Caviar Green Media drives (appears... [view my complete system specs]

-----

wmc

• Wed, Oct 25 2006 9:27 AM In reply to

• wmcole
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Posts 573
    • Points 7,615

(bump).

OK, now that I have solved everyone's (RTFM) 16:9 problem, will somebody PLEASE respond to this request?  Is my button highlight issue unique to my set up or a program bug??!!

-----

wmc

• Wed, Oct 25 2006 5:34 PM In reply to

• SS_Scott
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Oct 25 2006
    • Posts 28
    • Points 330

perhaps somehow related to conflicting button highlight commands from the underlying slideshows in the playlist (s).  what happens if you just have a project with a few movies?  can you set button highlight then?  a few movies and a slideshow?  can you set button highlights then?
  • Thu, Oct 26 2006 11:28 AM In reply to

• wmcole
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Posts 573
    • Points 7,615

Movies or slide shows make no difference.  Disabling or enabling the button's default end-action makes no difference either.  It looks all the world to me like a programming error with the index returned from the routing that processes the button highlight pull-down list.  (It appears to be off by two so you cannot select button 1 or 2 to highlight upon return, and all buttons you select >4 actually will highlight the button two less than you have chosen.)

The thing is, I don't recall seeing this problem with DVDit! Pro 6 or when I first installed Studio Toolkit.  Then I had a few months of no DVD productions, and when I recently had to produce some DVDs there the problem was.  Re-install of Avid DVD didn't fix the problem either.  One supporting reason I think it is something caused by another install is that I have a project done just after Avid DVD installation which does highlight buttons 1 or 2 on return from a title.  BUT if I attempt to reset those buttons to either one or two by reloading the original project, all I can get is the "--" setting.   So it looks like it may be a MS .dll from .NET or Visual C++ that was updated by another program but which is common to that program and Avid DVD and that is messed up.

A little digging around has not given clear indication if it is a program bug or my system.  So, before I waste days trying to track the problem source down so I can get a fix, I would like to know if it is a general problem with Avid DVD.  If it is, I won't waste any time trying to uninstall or back-track on registry restore points or any of that messy (and time consuming) crap.

-----

wmc

• Tue, Oct 23 2012 3:33 AM In reply to

• MIT LAB
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Dec 29 2009
    • Posts 90
    • Points 1,535

How do I post a new topic here, I want to learn how to route my buttons in the menu, I will pay $100/hr to anyone that can show me how with Paypal?

Work: HP Z800 8 core, 48Gb Ram, FX4800, 15K SAS, USB 3.0 G Drives, Matrox MXO2 mini, Dell 30 inch monitors displayport, Home:HP XW8200, XP pro SP3,... [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller