Latest post Thu, Oct 20 2005 5:52 AM by Jamie_Beedy. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Oct 14 2005 6:53 PM

Transcode Request

I've got 2 xpress pros and 2 Meridien based systems. The Meridien System are my primary systems, and I mainly use 2:1 media. I'm continually frustrated by the inability of the xpress pro system to use this media. I could buy a Adrenaline to do this conversion, but at this point, my 9000 and Symphony to everything that I need them to do and can't justify the purchase price just to do transcoding.

At this point I see several possible solutions to this.

First, just make these meridien resolutions usable in xpress pro like they are in Adrenaline . Digitize would be nice, but I'd be happy with just playback - With or with out a Mojo attached.

And second, a stand alone application that could transcode media from xpress pros standard resolutions to 2:1 Meridien Resolutions would be acceptable.

Jamie Beedy
    Karl Productions
    773-664-0183
    jamieb@karlproductions.com
    MC 9000 12.x
    Symphony 5.x
    xpress pro 4.8
    xpress pro HD 5.2

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Jamie Beedy

Jamie Beedy Karl Productions Chicago, Il
  • Sat, Oct 15 2005 5:25 PM In reply to

• mvegas
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Posts 1,555
    • Points 17,910

Re: Transcode Request

Adrenaline systems will transcode media.  Meridien systems do not have that feature.  Considering Avid's trend towards CPU based rather than hardware based editing solutions, suspect it highly unlikely Avid would  add transcode to the version of software you are running.

• Thu, Oct 20 2005 5:52 AM In reply to

Re: Transcode Request

mvegas,

Did you even read my post or do you just have a total lack of comprehension???

In my post I stated that I know Adrenaline can transcode. I know Meridien systems do not have that ability. And at no point did I even ask for Avid to add this ability to Meridien systems. I realize these systems are now the *** step children at Avid.

I asked for two possible solutions. One for xpress pro to read Meridien Resolutions. Or two, a Stand Alone application. I believe that either one of these are technically "doable" solutions. They may or may not be "doable" from a business stand point. That for Avids marketing people to decide.

This is a feature request section. There's no reason for you to even reply to this post, unless you have a fix or workaround the the original post. Or unless your looking for the same feature and wish to add your support to the request. Do me a favor and please refrain from replying to posts just to add to your total post count.

Jamie Beedy
    Jamie Beedy Karl Productions Chicago, Il
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller