Latest post Sat, Jan 11 2020 11:22 PM by interim.inc. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sat, Jan 11 2020 9:57 PM

Is there a way to force multiple audio files to import as monographic group?

I've received sound from a sound OP who's recorded JAM SYNC but has delivered the files as 7 (in this case) seperate files. 

However even with auto detect broadcast wave monophonic groups selected the files won't import as a multichannel audio file into avid.

This means to apply the JAM SYNC TC to all the files I have to read the timecode and then apply it across the 6 other files. This seems unnecessary, especially when dealing with what will be several hundred files buy the end of the project.

Is there way to force avid to import all the files as a multichannel file?

Cheers

J

MC 2019.12

Win10

Filed under:
  • Sat, Jan 11 2020 10:48 PM In reply to

Re: Is there a way to force multiple audio files to import as monographic group?

You'd need to be sure they are of equal length. If so, Autodetect uses the filename to detect a group. Add _1.wav _2.wav etc to the end of the individual filenames, which otherwise need to be identical. That should habe Autodetect kick in.

Media Composer /w Symphony option | PT-HD | Win7Pro64 HP | OSX MBP | ISIS5000 | Nitris DX | Artist Mix & Transport & Color | AJA T-Tap | Decklink... [view my complete system specs]
  • Sat, Jan 11 2020 11:22 PM In reply to

Re: Is there a way to force multiple audio files to import as monographic group?

Awesome thats sorted it.

Didn't work the first time as the soundie has labeled each file 01test etc, so renaming to 01test_1.wav didn't work but as soon I got rid of the first number so test_1.wav then Avid brough it like it should :)

Cheers!!

Nice easy solution!

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller