Latest post Mon, Jan 20 2020 9:36 PM by jdcoletv. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Jan 3 2020 6:44 PM

• Cory Fisher
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Dec 7 2017
    • Indianapolis, USA
    • Posts 2
    • Points 30

PhraseFind won't index for AMA linked footage....

Hello! Long time forum lurker, first time poster. I usually find the answers I need browsing through these forums, but I haven't seen this one addressed specifically. 

PhraseFind has stopped indexing any AMA linked footage inside Media Composer (2018.12.3). I've been frustrated trying to goad the system by stopping/starting the index, doing things in different orders, trashing folders, waiting it out, etc. I tend not to import or transcode footage because of the volume and turnaround times, so AMA is my workflow of choice. However, as an experiment in my latest project - I took the time to separately link AND import the same clip. For the first time in a while, PhraseFind successfully indexed, but ONLY the imported file. I know this wasn't always the case. 

Any advice is welcome as I found PhraseFind to be very useful when it was functioning! Hoping it's simple user error on my part. 

Thanks!  ---Cory

Media Composer (2018.12.3) running on a 2017 iMac (Mojave 10.14.6). 

Media Composer 2018.12.3 iMac running on Mojave 10.14.6 4.2 GHz Intel Core i7 32 GB 2400 MHz DDR4 Radeon Pro 580 8 GB [view my complete system specs]

Cory Fisher, Fisher Productions

Indianapolis, IN, USA

Filed under: , , ,
  • Thu, Jan 9 2020 5:17 PM In reply to

• jdcoletv
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Aug 16 2011
    • Posts 88
    • Points 1,050

Re: PhraseFind won't index for AMA linked footage....

I was on the phone recently with support about this issue. 

Their response,  listed below, worked for one project, but when I opened another project, it didn't work. 

Can you try to locate the following folder below by going to this path Mac HD>Users>Shared>AvidMediaComposer.

AMA Management
    Avid FatalErrorReports
    AvidImageCache
    AvidSourceBrowserCache

Then rename all 4 folders to 

AMA Management_OLD
    Avid FatalErrorReports_OLD
    AvidImageCache_OLD
    AvidSourceBrowserCache_OLD

Then try to use PhraseFind and check if it will work.
    MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2017) running with 16gb and Sierra (10.12.6), Radeon Pro 560 4096 MB. [view my complete system specs]

Regards,
    Jeremy

• Sat, Jan 11 2020 4:00 PM In reply to

• Cory Fisher
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Dec 7 2017
    • Indianapolis, USA
    • Posts 2
    • Points 30

Thanks for the reply, Jeremy. 

I gave that a try, but didn't clear up the problem. It just doesn't seem to acknowledge AMA clips at all. Even the 'Select A Language' pulldown is greyed if the only footage in the project is AMA.

Anyone know if there's a clean way to uninstall and re-install JUST PhraseFind?

Media Composer 2018.12.3 iMac running on Mojave 10.14.6 4.2 GHz Intel Core i7 32 GB 2400 MHz DDR4 Radeon Pro 580 8 GB [view my complete system specs]

Cory Fisher, Fisher Productions

Indianapolis, IN, USA

• Mon, Jan 20 2020 9:36 PM In reply to

• jdcoletv
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Aug 16 2011
    • Posts 88
    • Points 1,050

I would say that PhraseFind is broken. I have yet to hear back from support; I started a ticket a couple of weeks ago. FYI, you can get it working temporarily by rebooting your computer and then restarting MC.

MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2017) running with 16gb and Sierra (10.12.6), Radeon Pro 560 4096 MB. [view my complete system specs]

Regards,
    Jeremy

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller