Latest post Tue, Nov 26 2019 1:37 AM by Tom Cook. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Nov 22 2019 12:27 AM

• Tom Cook
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sun, Apr 25 2010
    • Keene, NH
    • Posts 199
    • Points 2,460

AMC with Artist or Tangent Wave 2?

Folks:

Thanks for the forum assists. My school is looking at picking up a color correction board and everyone here is all gung-ho for the Tangent Wave 2 - but I do not see that it (at least natively) interfaces with Avid Media Composer...? I had heard there might be a third-party plug-in that allows Avid to work with the Wave 2 - is this ture? Has anyohne used this and, if so, do you recommend it?

I'm running MC 8.2 on a Dell XPS 8700 with Windows 7 Pro and 32 GB RAM (and an Nvidia Quadro K2200) . Basically I'm seeking advice for a >$1K color board that (1) works with Avid and (2) maybe doesn't require a physics degree to use. Or would you strongly advise Artist?

Suggestions? Thanks, as always!

Tom

Dell XPS720, quadcore 3.6 GHz, 28 GB RAM, Avid Media Composer v8.7.2 [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Nov 26 2019 1:10 AM In reply to

• DStone
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Nov 4 2005
    • Massachusetts
    • Posts 3,708
    • Points 47,545
    • Moderator: Avid Media Composer for Liquid
      Moderator: MCA Mac
      Moderator: MCA PC
      Moderator: Media Composer Getting Started

Re: AMC with Artist or Tangent Wave 2?

Tangent has their own keyboard mapping software (Tangent Hub). This lets you map the knobs, buttons, and rollerballs to keystrokes (so you can take a knob and when you turn it one way it sends one set of keystrokes, but turn it the other way and it sends a different set of keystrokes). So you could map a knob to control the clip volume up and down.

DIY quad core I7-4790K, 32Gb, NVidia GTX 970 4GB, Win 10 Pro, MC(generally the latest or the one just before), MC 7.x [view my complete system specs]

Dave S.

• Tue, Nov 26 2019 1:37 AM In reply to

• Tom Cook
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sun, Apr 25 2010
    • Keene, NH
    • Posts 199
    • Points 2,460

Re: AMC with Artist or Tangent Wave 2?

Dave:Thanks for the input. I Did speak with a rep from a third-party plug-in for the Wave 2 (Backlight) who said their free version let the Wave 2 through Avid VIEW color-corrected media but not manipulate it at all. They said that to do anything with the Wave 2 to actually alter the image I had to buy their $1K license (which then did give full control - but beyond my means).

It seems I'll be going with the Avid Artist Panel...

Tom

Dell XPS720, quadcore 3.6 GHz, 28 GB RAM, Avid Media Composer v8.7.2 [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller