Latest post Thu, Nov 14 2019 3:15 AM by Mark Job. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Nov 13 2019 8:22 PM

• Mark Job
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on Tue, Feb 27 2007
    • Port Hardy, B.C., Canada
    • Posts 1,599
    • Points 20,230

Handing Off Footage & Entire MC (MAC) Based Project to Third Party

Hi Editors:

I need to hand off an entire Media Composer MAC based editing project to a third party (Eventually on BDXL data discs). When I write "entire project" I mean time lines and all bins full of all clips. I have never had to do this before, so I was wondering what exactly is the right type of Export Setting I need to be using ? I have been checking out AAF export protocols, but can't find enough specific information as to wether the procedure will allow you to export everything in a project, including ALL clips in bins and multiple time lines (????) Can those more learned than I in these types of processess please advise me ?

Much Thanx In Advance,

Mark J.

(Laptopeditor)

Now Newer Avid Certified MacBook Pro version 8.3 early 2011 with Core i7 (2720 QM) Quad 2.2 GHz CPU with a 6 MB Shared L3 Cache , 16 GB of DDR 3 - 1333... [view my complete system specs]

The thing is don't peak too early in life. 

• Wed, Nov 13 2019 8:54 PM In reply to

Re: Handing Off Footage & Entire MC (MAC) Based Project to Third Party

Normslly I'd read this as all the Avid media and a copy of the Project plus any AMA linked sources.

But if it need rationalising then I'd consolidate media to a fresh drive but bear in mind consolidate media only works for Avid native codecs anything non native needs transcoding.

ACI Moderator. I'm not employed by Avid or work for them. I just do this in my spare time. Normally using the current Media Composer version on My... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  VET

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet.co.uk | W www.vet.co.uk |

Media Composer V8.2 Review Background Render

-

Follow me on Twitter Pat_H_VET

• Thu, Nov 14 2019 3:15 AM In reply to

• Mark Job
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on Tue, Feb 27 2007
    • Port Hardy, B.C., Canada
    • Posts 1,599
    • Points 20,230

Re: Handing Off Footage & Entire MC (MAC) Based Project to Third Party

Hi Pat:

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by consolidating media (??) When you choose to consolidate media then what exactly gets consolidated and where does it get put ? For example, if I want to copy over to another Hard Drive all the raw clips which exist in all the bins I have created in that said project then what would I need to do to accomplish that ? Is this the AAF Export proceedure, and if so, what must be checked option wise to do this ? I wish there was a task oriented step by step manual which reads like "If you want to do this, then do the following steps" kind of explanation. It would make things so much easier to grasp upon first attempt.

Mark J.

Laptopeditor

Now Newer Avid Certified MacBook Pro version 8.3 early 2011 with Core i7 (2720 QM) Quad 2.2 GHz CPU with a 6 MB Shared L3 Cache , 16 GB of DDR 3 - 1333... [view my complete system specs]

The thing is don't peak too early in life. 

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller