Latest post Thu, Nov 7 2019 4:06 PM by Adrian Redmond. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Nov 7 2019 4:06 PM

• Adrian Redmond
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, May 28 2014
    • Channel 6 Television Denmark
    • Posts 180
    • Points 2,535

Re-capturing sub-clipped clips in new bin from ALE

Here's a curious one...

I have exported a bin as an ALE, re-imported the ALE file to a new bin, and re-captured.

One of these bins was a single 48 minute clip, which previously had been sub-slipped to 40 sub-clips.

I haven't tried this before so I wanted to see how it would work. I first re-captured the original 40 muiute master clip - that went OK - but the sub-clips in the bin don't access the re-captured media - insted these clips are listed as media off-line.

Conclusion - and ALE file comprising sub-clips does not contain any reference to the re-captured master clip, therefore when encountering such tasks, it is the sub-clips that should be re-captured, and NOT the original master clip. As the clips will no longer be sub-clips, it is then wise to rename them as individual master clips.

No big deal, just nice to have found out how this process works and which workflow is best to follow.

I hope this might prove useful to someone else :)

Avid Media Composer v. 8.5.3. with Symphony Option on HP Z820 Dual Intel E5-2640 6-core HT 2.5GHz CPU 32GB RAM NVidia Quadro K4000 Graphics on Win7x64... [view my complete system specs]

Adrian Redmond
    Owner / Producer / Editor
    Channel 6 Television Denmark

Page 1 of 1 (1 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller