Latest post Tue, Nov 5 2019 5:59 PM by Helpmeplease1. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Oct 22 2019 9:58 PM

Search for Subclip by Name

Hello!

I'm assist editing on a doc feature, and we have a TON of subclips/subgroups/etc. The editor needs a way to search across all bins for the names of subclips. For the life of me I can't figure out how to do this, and it's something that should be so easy. Can anyone offer some help?

Thanks!

• Wed, Oct 23 2019 8:08 AM In reply to

• Cutyes
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sat, Jan 14 2012
    • Berlin
    • Posts 137
    • Points 1,810

Re: Search for Subclip by Name

[cmd]+[f] or menu "Edit" -> command "Find..."

• Wed, Oct 23 2019 6:17 PM In reply to

Thanks, but that was the first thing I tried. It only searches based on the original source clip name, not what I have re-named the subclip, which really defeats the purpose of having subclips IMO.

• Wed, Oct 23 2019 6:17 PM In reply to

That should definitely also find Subclips.

Media Composer /w Symphony option | PT-HD | Win7Pro64 HP | OSX MBP | ISIS5000 | Nitris DX | Artist Mix & Transport & Color | AJA T-Tap | Decklink... [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Oct 23 2019 6:34 PM In reply to

I attached a screenshot of what I get. See how the search fuction doesn't find the very common "LOC" tag that I have started many many subclips and subgroups with, even though I have an open bin with such named clips inside? What am I doing wrong?

• Wed, Oct 23 2019 7:20 PM In reply to

• Cutyes
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sat, Jan 14 2012
    • Berlin
    • Posts 137
    • Points 1,810

I don't know if this is recommended, but when I have trouble (i. e. SQL error or when the database appears to be out of date) with the find function I

- either stop and re-start indexing (in the search window -> search settings)

- or I change the "Search Data Directory" to a different folder

Another thing I have read but never tried:

"If you get an SQL error using Find in Avid, trash the contents of your _SearchData_ folder in the project."

• Thu, Oct 24 2019 6:17 PM In reply to

Thanks, I tried all three to no luck, and the last one made it so now I get zero search results. 

This is very frusterating, why is something so necessary and basic so broken and complicated?

• Tue, Nov 5 2019 5:59 PM In reply to

Could anyone recommend a course of action on what to do when, in trying to fix my search, I have now broken in entirely? I can't do the suggested fixes above because that's what's broken my search function entirely. I get no results on any and all searches.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller