Latest post Thu, Oct 10 2019 5:37 PM by Joachim Claus. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sun, Oct 6 2019 4:34 PM

Titler+ questions

After using the the new Titler+ for a few days, some questions and observations....

- What the heck is the difference between "horizontal origin" and "horizontal translate"?

- How do we export a file from Titler+ plus with alpha?  The old title tool automatically created a matte key....this creates an effect

- Is there a way to automatically center the boxes horizontally or vertically?

As to the interface...the Edit section confuses me...when should we use that?

Honestly, the interface is easy enough to get going...until you get to the text layer section....why are there two controls for h and v postion?  

It seems to lack basic features like being able to group layers together to move them, etc....

The "alignment" section in the old title tool is good model...but those controls are missing.

Why are there two adjustment boxes that open when using the tool? One floats independently...the other is in the effect editor.

The tool has some nice upgrades from the title tool but also has some essential features missing and the interface is confusing....that's the impression i have

• Sun, Oct 6 2019 5:41 PM In reply to

Re: Titler+ questions

BTW....once again, this brings up just how cool Marquee is!

Development on that product stopped a long time ago, with some real limitations...

but, animation, lights, the great assortment of styles...not bad at all and where i go when i need a AVID supplied titler up to HD (there is a limitation...it ONLY goes to High Definition...not a big deal)

• Mon, Oct 7 2019 8:01 AM In reply to

• Joachim Claus
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Nov 4 2005
    • Seeheim-Jugenheim, Germany
    • Posts 944
    • Points 12,055

Robert Martindale:
    .once again, this brings up just how cool Marquee is!

Robert Martindale:
    (there is a limitation...it ONLY goes to High Definition...not a big deal)

I fully agree with your statement about the nice features of Marquee. Honestly, I gave up to use Titler+, as it does not even suppotz such simple features like "rolling title" or "crawling tiltle". As soon as you have more lines of text than the current screen shows (rolling title), you will not be able to see what you typed or to make any correction. The same happens with crawling text while typing over the right border of the screen.

To overcome the limitation of Marquee with formats up to HD, I switch the format from UHD to Full HD while using Marquee and create my titles in Marquee, and then switch back to UHD. The Marquee created titles are automatically scaled from full HD to UHD and work fine.

Joachim

SuperMicro Workstation 7048A-T Dual Xeon (10 cores) E5-2640v4 2.4GHz 128 GB RAM, PNY P4000, 1 PCIe SSD 400 GB (Intel SSDPEDMW400G4) 1 SSD 2 TB for UHD... [view my complete system specs]

Joachim Claus

• Tue, Oct 8 2019 3:04 AM In reply to

Thanks for the response.

When you switch up to UHD, do the titles just up rez like SD footage in an HD project or do they become fully UHD titles?

• Thu, Oct 10 2019 5:37 PM In reply to

• Joachim Claus
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Nov 4 2005
    • Seeheim-Jugenheim, Germany
    • Posts 944
    • Points 12,055

They are upscaled 1080p files, and are finally rendered to UHD., which does not increase their internal resolution.

Joachim

SuperMicro Workstation 7048A-T Dual Xeon (10 cores) E5-2640v4 2.4GHz 128 GB RAM, PNY P4000, 1 PCIe SSD 400 GB (Intel SSDPEDMW400G4) 1 SSD 2 TB for UHD... [view my complete system specs]

Joachim Claus

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller