Latest post Wed, Sep 11 2019 1:08 PM by SilvaEdit. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Sep 11 2019 11:17 AM

• SilvaEdit
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Nov 3 2010
    • Posts 89
    • Points 1,070

2019.7 - Some more quirks - Shortcut to Mixer brings Mixer to centre of monitor? Also can't centre hidden bins?

All this is occuring with brand new user settings.

I have my mixer tabbed with various other useful windows at the top right of my left monitor. I have a shortcut to bring this up (option+m)... however when I hit my shortcut it brings my mixer into the centre of the monitor and I have to move it back after adjusting my levels etc.

Also on my current project, sometimes when I open bins they are hidden outside of the monitor boundaries, however the "centre current" option is always greyed out. I can get around this by closing the bin in the bin container and then right-clicking, open slected bins in one window but it's not ideal. Any ideas why this isn't accessible?

On another note related to my first problem above, personally, I find the new tabbed system to the left of pane worse than the ability to tab along top as was possible in previous versions. I always tab my mixer, audiosuite, EQ, FX palette and markers in one window pane however in the current version of MC I cannot see some of these tabs as they are hidden down the side of my mixer window. It's OK when I have shortcuts assigned to all these windows (ignoring the centering problem above), but if I want to access "markers" for example (for which I don't have a shortcut), I now have to click on the down-arrow to select the hidden marker tab I need which takes more time than just clicking on on the top row. I wish you'd bring back the abiliy to tab along the top.

Thank you.

S

• Wed, Sep 11 2019 1:08 PM In reply to

• SilvaEdit
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Nov 3 2010
    • Posts 89
    • Points 1,070

Re: 2019.7 - Some more quirks - Shortcut to Mixer brings Mixer to centre of monitor? Also can't centre hidden bins?

And I still haven't had a response as to why I can't apply gain to or centre pan mono audio clips in bins. I get a message saying I can't do those things to a group or sequence which my audio clips are neither.

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller