Latest post Tue, Sep 10 2019 2:31 PM by Leo Baker. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Sep 10 2019 1:48 PM

• Leo Baker
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Oct 5 2011
    • London
    • Posts 346
    • Points 4,205

Multi Clips Group vs Multigroup?

In a bin of all clips from a Multicamera shoot with no timecode, if I choose all the media and I see option for Group Clips by Waveform Analysis and MultiGroup? Should I be using Group as oppoed to Multiigroups?

I've tried checking the Media Composer Family Help from  the software but it brings up blank pages when I search for or choose any searched subject in the browser. I have looked on Google but can't find a clear pro vs con betwen Group and Multigroup?

Thanks,

Leo

Avid Media Composer 2019.7, Pro Tools 2019.6 MacPro6.1 Late 2013 Intel Xeon 12-Core 2.7GHz 64GB RAM Graphics: AMD FirePro D700 OSX Mojave 10.14.6 [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Sep 10 2019 2:19 PM In reply to

Re: Multi Clips Group vs Multigroup?

Leo Baker:
    Group Clips by Waveform Analysis and MultiGroup? Should I be using Group as opposed to Multiigroups?

Waveform Analysis is a simple comparison of the audio and attempts to line it up. The accuracy depends on the audio quality. It works well with lav mic and good shotgun recordings. If you have decent audio, I would attempt this first.

MultiGroup is the traditional way of syncing based on metadata like timecode. You can also use In points.

MC 8.6.1, Windows 10, ASROCK X99M, Intel 5930K, Zotac GTX970, 32GB RAM, Transcend 512GB M.2 SSD & Dell U2713H. MBP 2012 Thunderbolt, OSX 10.10.5, MC... [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Sep 10 2019 2:31 PM In reply to

• Leo Baker
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Oct 5 2011
    • London
    • Posts 346
    • Points 4,205

Re: Multi Clips Group vs Multigroup?

Hello Dom,

Many thanks, yes the audio is very clear indoors, I tried Plural Eyes 3.5 but it threw a few rrors about a clip with the same name. It seems much easier to sync with-in Media Composer. I'll try the Group clips by Waveform now just waiting for the result to finish. I tested earlier on another sequence and I laid out each track and video on seperate layers and it synced more or less perfectly. Then I used the make group on the timeline sequence.

Then I was reading about the Group and Multigroup as haven't seen Multi Group ebdofre in Media Composer so I presume it must of been introduced reently as I am on 2019.8 of Media Composer. And haven't had the need to Multicam for many many years think the last time was 2009.

Thanks,

Leo

Avid Media Composer 2019.7, Pro Tools 2019.6 MacPro6.1 Late 2013 Intel Xeon 12-Core 2.7GHz 64GB RAM Graphics: AMD FirePro D700 OSX Mojave 10.14.6 [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller