Latest post Sat, Sep 7 2019 7:24 PM by Kenny. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Sep 4 2019 10:37 PM

• Kenny
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Nov 4 2005
    • Pomona CA
    • Posts 77
    • Points 1,175

Newbie not newbie getting back into MC

Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin-top:0in; mso-para-margin-right:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:8.0pt; mso-para-margin-left:0in; line-height:107%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;}

Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin-top:0in; mso-para-margin-right:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:8.0pt; mso-para-margin-left:0in; line-height:107%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;}

Hello all after using other Editing systems on and off I am returning back to  MC.  The reason is after transcoding I am not experiencing any issues with media have files going offline etc.

I am just a hobbyist, but I love to edit and shoot video.  I just purchased my first 4K camcorder the Canon Vixia GX10 UHD 4K and shot my first 4k event a few weeks ago. It was an Air Show shot at 3840x2160 @ 59.94.  I have just started editing in MC 2019.7.  I  link the media and created subclips.  Will transcode in DNXHR.

I have some questions coming from other editing software on workflow and task to see if I can do it in MC.

1.   1.    I do a lot of vacation videos that also have a lot of stills. For example, in the middle of a video on the timeline I want to place ten stills on the timeline, and I want to add a cross dissolve between each one, how can add a cross dissolve in between them all at once instead of each transition one at a time?

2.    2.   This is an addon to question one. How can I add pan and zoon on multiple clips at the same time?

3.    3.   I see a lot user not using MC color correction tools and using something DiVinci Resolve. What is the matter with MC color corrections tools?

4.   4.    I know this may be a little early until I get more familiar with the software a little more experience but can some explain the difference between Total FX vs Boris continuum why you prefer one over the other?

Feel free to link to any tutorials or books.  I also would love any keyboard short cuts anyone is willing to share.Smile

Thanks

AMD Ryzen X1700 MB Asus Crosshair 6 Hero Asus GTX1070 8MB Memory 32GB Avid Media Composer 2019.7 [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Sep 4 2019 11:17 PM In reply to

• Adman
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Atlanta Georgia, USA
    • Posts 5,350
    • Points 60,435
    • BlogAuthor
      Moderator: Avid Free DV
      Moderator: Avid Xpress DV PC
      Moderator: Avid Xpress Studio
      Moderator: MCA PC

Re: Newbie not newbie getting back into MC

Kenny:

1.    I do a lot of vacation videos that also have a lot of stills. For example, in the middle of a video on the timeline I want to place ten stills on the timeline, and I want to add a cross dissolve between each one, how can add a cross dissolve in between them all at once instead of each transition one at a time?

Thanks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXl6epwecK0

Basically, mark in and out points around the area containing the stills and use the "apply to all transitions" button in the quick transitions dialog.

Mac Pro. QHD Ultra wide, thunderbolt LG monitor, MC 2019.6.0. Pro Tools 11 HD (Mbox 3 Pro), iPad Pro 12.9". 17" Macbook Pro i7. Dell Precision... [view my complete system specs]
  • Sat, Sep 7 2019 7:24 PM In reply to

• Kenny
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Nov 4 2005
    • Pomona CA
    • Posts 77
    • Points 1,175

Re: Newbie not newbie getting back into MC

Thank you.  I am little lost because things got moved around with the new 2019 version.

AMD Ryzen X1700 MB Asus Crosshair 6 Hero Asus GTX1070 8MB Memory 32GB Avid Media Composer 2019.7 [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller