Latest post Wed, Sep 4 2019 7:46 AM by Avid-Freund. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Sep 2 2019 5:25 PM

Shortcut Jump to next edit point

Hi!

I would like to navigate the timeline by jumping from edit point to edit point.

Because I didnt want to enter Trim Mode, I mapped "Go to previous/next event" to A and S.

It works but as soon as I activate more Audio Tracks it only jumps to the next common edit point of ALL tracks.

For example if an empy track is activated as well it only jumps to the beginning and the end of the timeline.

Is there a way to jump to EVERY edit point of every clip even with all tracks activated?

Thanks for your help so far!

• Tue, Sep 3 2019 11:11 PM In reply to

• jwrl
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Melbourne, Australia
    • Posts 8,393
    • Points 97,070

Re: Shortcut Jump to next edit point

Hold down the Alt key as you jump.  See if that helps.  Although I haven't yet installed the 2019 versions of Avid it works on earlier versions and I know of no reason why it shouldn't work.

MC 7.0.4 - Asus P6T Deluxe V2 mobo - Intel i7 920 2.66GHz - Windows 7 Ult64 SP1 - nVidia Quadro FX 1800 - 16 Gbyte low latency DDR3 RAM - Internal 8 Tb... [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Sep 4 2019 5:04 AM In reply to

Avid-Freund:
    Is there a way to jump to EVERY edit point of every clip even with all tracks activated?

In your Composer settings > Move tab, turn on "Ignore Track Selectors".

Media Composer 2019.8 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce GT... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Wed, Sep 4 2019 7:46 AM In reply to

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller