Latest post Tue, Sep 10 2019 2:04 PM by RalphC. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Aug 19 2019 8:14 PM

• Aren Hansen
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Mar 15 2016
    • Toronto
    • Posts 56
    • Points 620

trying out 2019 and have a few initial questions

Hi,

I’m just finding my way around the new version. A few initial questions:

1) Anyone know if you can disable the little 2 frame ‘fade in’ and ‘fade’ out’ effect that AVID adds every time you enter 4 up display or do other similar actions that affect the composer window. I find this really gimmicky and distracting. As someone who works with frames and fades all day, this jumps out at me like crazy.

2) There’s a little hatched rectangle at the top of every bin container. What’s this for? Just design? Feels overly busy for my taste.

3) Any way to disable the alternating light/dark lines in the timeline? Feels like I’m editing on stripes.

4) Any way to make this dark interface darker? Way lighter than the last version. 

Thanks!!

Aren

2018.12.7 // OS10.14.5 // iMac 2019 3.6 i9 // 72GB Ram // Vega 48 // [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Aug 21 2019 1:39 PM In reply to

• Aren Hansen
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Mar 15 2016
    • Toronto
    • Posts 56
    • Points 620

Re: trying out 2019 and have a few initial questions

I’m going back to 2018 for now. 2019 feels like it going in the right direction, but doesn’t provide me with a net productivity gain over the earlier version. Things like the composer fade effect seem misguided. Form over function.

2018.12.7 // OS10.14.5 // iMac 2019 3.6 i9 // 72GB Ram // Vega 48 // [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Sep 9 2019 9:35 AM In reply to

• Tracecrete
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Jan 2 2018
    • Posts 3
    • Points 20

I am not sure if this is the place to post thoughts on MC 2019 but weve just produced the Burghley Horse Trials for the BBC and 2 of our Avids are running 2019 - 2 are running 2018.

I have to say that 2019 is completey unworkable - bin management is problematic as is auto linking of clips - in fact we have a whole list of 'features' that make the interface simply unworkable. Today we are rolling back all our Avids to 2018.

We have to edit to a very tight deadline (overnight) and this new interface creates loads of problems and we have been struggling to make the deadlines.

I am all for updates but it feels as though this interface has been put together without consideration for the professional editors out there who need a fast intelligent interface.

Did anyone actually run this interface in anger before releasing it??

It will now make us question whether we continue with the support contract as we do not intend to run with the new version.

Dave Mann

Filed under:
  • Tue, Sep 10 2019 2:04 PM In reply to

• RalphC
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Sep 2 2015
    • Posts 1,974
    • Points 21,745
    • Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Customer Service
      Avid Employee
      SystemAdministrator

Hi Tracecret,

Did you create a new user profile update the update to MC2019.x? This is a requirements.

RalphC

MacBook Pro 15 2018 Intel Core i7 2.6GHz Mac 10.13.6 Intel UHD 630. [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller