Latest post Tue, Aug 13 2019 8:04 PM by Bruno M. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Aug 13 2019 3:08 PM

• John
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sat, Oct 23 2010
    • Miami, Florida
    • Posts 95
    • Points 1,170

UHD footage Quality in 1080 project

Im in a 1920 x 1080 project.  Avid is rasterizing the UHD to Hd, so when you use the 3d tool, and make 200% (which should match raster since source is 3840 x 2160), it looses its definition (Zooms into rasterized 1920 x 1080).  If you use framflex, the resolution is there, but you loose the edges when you zoom as well as you can only frameflex within the uhd boundaries.  I need to track this and move the backround matching the track, so frameflex wont work.  

AVID should make the 3d tool operation physycally do what frameflex does, keep the UHD source resolution, but enable you to move the image around, track etc wothout the limitations of frameflex.

Also, Frameflex does not work if you have color correction unless you click the match to raster setting.

Imacpro 10C, 64Gig, R64 - Decklink Monitor -Ultimate 2019.7 [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Aug 13 2019 8:04 PM In reply to

• Bruno M
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Feb 11 2010
    • London, UK
    • Posts 602
    • Points 7,600

Re: UHD footage Quality in 1080 project

You've just highlighted one of the many limitations of the whole Avid effects architecture.

I (long ago) gave up using Avid effects for all but the most basic things. I normally would use After Effects for doing effects work. If you don't fancy paying for an Adobe licence, there's always Fusion (if you can get your head around the nodal interface).

There is an 'Avid Connect' plugin available from Blackmagic which would allow you to essentially round-trip clips between Avid and Fusion, but there are reports that this has been broken in recent releases of both Avid and/or Fusion. If you're interested, I would look at this message thread...

http://community.avid.com/forums/p/196894/881348.aspx

HP Z800, HP G3 Studio, SonnetFusion RAID, Mojo DX, Symphony 2018.9, JVC DTV1910 HD tube monitor, HP Dreamcolor, Avid Artist Color [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller