Latest post Mon, Aug 12 2019 6:36 PM by Federico. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Aug 12 2019 4:42 PM

• Federico
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Apr 1 2015
    • Buenos Aires, Argentina
    • Posts 16
    • Points 180

Error to save sequence - Java.Lang

HI,

I want to update a sequence and...."Sequence warning! Javan.lang.NullPointerException"

add a pic

Help!

Isis + Interplay + Media Central + Inews [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Aug 12 2019 5:57 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 10,607
    • Points 223,200
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Re: Error to save sequence - Java.Lang

Federico

What MC version?   What OS?  What EXACTLY did you do when updating the sequence?

Can you add your system specifications to your profile?

Normally this means that the error is returned when the JVM tries to use an object that is not available. In COBOL programs it usually refers to a data item. A typical case in which this error appears is when a called program tries to use a linkage item that was not passed by the caller.

Might help to delete your database files.  Sometimes things get messed up in the little 1’s and 0’s and the MXF files can’t be read by Media Composer. To fix this the database files need to be deleted and recreated. 

1. Open up Finder (Mac) or Computer (PC) and navigate to your hard drive.

2.  Find the Avid MediaFiles folder on the root (top) level. Open it up.

3. Open up the MXF folder. Inside here you’ll see a folder named 1. There may be folders numbered 2, 3, etc. depending on how much media is in the folder.  Inside the 1 folder you’ll find two files: msmMMOB.mdb and msmFMID.pmr.

4.  Delete them. Don’t worry, they automatically rebuild when you relaunch Media Composer. See picture below.

5.  Open Media Composer.

6.  Media Composer will re-index the media and doing so recreates the two database files when it boots up before you get to the Select Project window.

7.  Open up your project.

Report back.

Marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

Twitter:  avidmarianna

Facebook: Marianna Montague

www.avidcustomerassociation.com   |  Connect 2019 | April 6-7 | Aria, Las Vegas, NV

WWLD

• Mon, Aug 12 2019 6:36 PM In reply to

• Federico
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Apr 1 2015
    • Buenos Aires, Argentina
    • Posts 16
    • Points 180

Re: Error to save sequence - Java.Lang

Thanks mariana

We used AVid Media Central UX ver 1.5.0 and it happened only with 1 sequence at the moment.

A producer created a basic sequel and added some cuts inside, and saved it. Then I add more cuts and when he tried to save this ... the error box appeared

We work with ISIS + interplay and we havent problems.
    Isis + Interplay + Media Central + Inews [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller