Latest post Sun, Aug 11 2019 10:52 AM by Cutyes. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sat, Aug 10 2019 2:51 PM

• Tenzopolis
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Sep 12 2017
    • Posts 1
    • Points 15

Prepping for sound houses

My assistant editor synced the two mix tracks of production audio to the subclips but not the other four tracks for audio. Now that we are picture locked, the sound houses are asking for all six tracks of audio to be re-synced to picture. Is there a quick way for him to do this or does it all have to be done manually?

• Sat, Aug 10 2019 9:23 PM In reply to

Re: Prepping for sound houses

Your AE did what is the normal workflow for scripted in the UK. The dialogue editor brings in the other tracks automatically in ProTools.

If the sound house insist, add ediits at each sound cut in the locked cut, park within each shot, match frame to the synced clip, turn off source V track, hit match frame again and use the replace edit to splice in all six audio tracks.

Symphony 7.06 OS 10.9.5 QT 7.6.3 Mac Pro 2x2.66 6-core 32GB Ram Aja Kona Lhi. MC 7.0.6 OS 10.9.5 Mac Pro 5.1 2x2.97 6-core 32GB ram Aja I/O express, Apple... [view my complete system specs]
  • Sun, Aug 11 2019 10:52 AM In reply to

• Cutyes
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sat, Jan 14 2012
    • Berlin
    • Posts 101
    • Points 1,330

Re: Prepping for sound houses

Most if not all sound facilities that I know, would do it automatically as David Yardley said. If they don't and if the timeline is long but not too complex, the manual way could be sped up significantly by using an external automation tool.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller