Latest post Fri, Aug 9 2019 1:18 PM by bobbybz. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Aug 9 2019 1:18 PM

• bobbybz
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Oct 26 2015
    • Posts 36
    • Points 480

Group Edit bug in 2018.12.3?

First off, I'm working in Media Composer 2018.12.3. I'm working on a scene with a grouped clip (three cameras, 3 channels of audio mixer and one channel of camera audio). The camera audio channel is from a wide shot that happens to be out of sync with the 3 mixer channels and both other camera shots. The visual slate proved this as well. So I went into the new edit group feature and rolled the wide shot (and its audio channel) back 2 frames. Now it appears to be in perfect sync on the "edit group" sequence. Going back to the Cut sequence that I had, the update didn't take automatically. I expected this. I right clicked my sequence and refreshed the group edits. Now my video for the wide shot shifted properly and is in sync with my mixer audio. Unfortunately, it appears that this refresh did NOT slip that camera's audio channel on my cut sequence. So all my camera shots now show as 2 frames out of sync from just the wide shot's 1 audio channel (the 3 mixer channels are all synced). Shifting the wide shot's audio channel two frames over on ym cut sequence (as I did in the group edit) fixes the issue, but seems to defeat the purpose of editing the group in the first place. Is this working as intended or a bug?   I can see how having audio move when updating a group could cause problems since most people will cut to the audio in their sequence. Imagine if I suddenly had to alter all of my in and out points because the audio moved! But people should just not alter their audio channels in teh group edit if they wish for that to remain.  I should also note that cutting in fresh clips from the group edit into my cut sequence are all properly synced. 
    HP Z440, Intel Xeon E5-1650v3@ 3.5GHz, 32GB RAM (2x16), Windows 7Pro 64bit - Service Pack 1, Nvidia Quadro K2200, Blackmagic Decklink Mini Monitor, driver... [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller