Latest post Tue, Jul 30 2019 2:42 AM by Dom Q. Silverio. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Jul 29 2019 11:11 PM

• bwaz
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Posts 42
    • Points 420

Time for a New OS install, how to save plugins and where to find them?

Upgrading from windows 7 to 10, and a media composer update from 8.3 too. I want to be sure I have all the plugins I use saved, or know where i've save the license info. Is there an easy place to find them on my system drive?

• Tue, Jul 30 2019 2:42 AM In reply to

Re: Time for a New OS install, how to save plugins and where to find them?

Software companies can have a varying licensing system.  Even if you can find a “license file” it is unlikely you will be able to transfer that to your new OS.  I recommend making a list of all of your plugins and gathering your license info prior to re-imaging your computer  

The actual plugin files are usually stored in Program Files / Avid / AVX2_Plug-ins 

Do note that licensed plugin files are rarely transferable via copy and paste. You will likely need to deactivate it, a full install in the new OS and then proper activation. Make sure the license is moveable. If in doubt, contact the maker.  

MC 8.6.1, Windows 10, ASROCK X99M, Intel 5930K, Zotac GTX970, 32GB RAM, Transcend 512GB M.2 SSD & Dell U2713H. MBP 2012 Thunderbolt, OSX 10.10.5, MC... [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller