Latest post Thu, Jul 25 2019 4:37 PM by DONvito. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Jul 25 2019 8:38 AM

• DONvito
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Sep 26 2006
    • Posts 52
    • Points 780

NON_SEQUENTIAL_TRACKS_ABORT error

Hi there, 

im trying to export an AAF embeded file from Media Composer and getting a [Expception: NON_SEQUENTIAL_TRACKS_ABORT] error, 

and thoughts? it's very urgent :( 

thanks in advanced

AVID MC 2019.6 WINDOWS 10 PRO X64 Intel® cORE i7-7820X 3.6GHZ 32GB Samsung M.2 960 Pro NVME Intel 660p 2TB M.2 NVME Quadro M4000 Blackmagic Intensity... [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Jul 25 2019 9:07 AM In reply to

• Bruno M
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Feb 11 2010
    • London, UK
    • Posts 602
    • Points 7,600

Re: NON_SEQUENTIAL_TRACKS_ABORT error

A little more info would be useful.

Eg. is this an audio/video/both embedded AAF?   What's the intended destination for this file?

HP Z800, HP G3 Studio, SonnetFusion RAID, Mojo DX, Symphony 2018.9, JVC DTV1910 HD tube monitor, HP Dreamcolor, Avid Artist Color [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Jul 25 2019 9:16 AM In reply to

• DONvito
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 52
    • Points 780

Hi, 

no, it's Audio only AAF, 

this should be sent to audio mixing. 

i even tryied to transcode the time sequence but still getting the same error that the tracks is not sequeintial even though it is. 

AVID MC 2019.6 WINDOWS 10 PRO X64 Intel® cORE i7-7820X 3.6GHZ 32GB Samsung M.2 960 Pro NVME Intel 660p 2TB M.2 NVME Quadro M4000 Blackmagic Intensity... [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Jul 25 2019 9:41 AM In reply to

• Bruno M
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Feb 11 2010
    • London, UK
    • Posts 602
    • Points 7,600

Im not sure what you mean by 'the time sequence', but I would say the first thing to check is if it's something about your setup that's causing the problem, or something to do with your sequence.

So I would start with a very simple sequence (say one clip on a timeline) and see if that exports. If it does, then take your intended sequence and use a method called 'divide-and-conquer'.

This basically involves dividing your sequence in half (do this on a copy!) and seeing if the problem persists on any one half of the sequence. The theory behind this method is that if there's a problem piece of media causing the issue, exporting only one half of the sequence may cure the problem. If the problem still exists, you sub-divide again and repeat the process. Eventually, by continually sub-dividing, you'll track down the problem section.

In your case, you may also want to also divide up the audio tracks (ie. only export one half of them) in case it's a particular set of tracks that's causing the problem.

HP Z800, HP G3 Studio, SonnetFusion RAID, Mojo DX, Symphony 2018.9, JVC DTV1910 HD tube monitor, HP Dreamcolor, Avid Artist Color [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Jul 25 2019 4:37 PM In reply to

• DONvito
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 52
    • Points 780

Fixed with Avid Support: 

what couses the problem is that i have a mixed sample rate audio in the sequence, and in my media creation setting it's  sets to OP1 Atom, by changing the settings to OP1a in the media creation i manage to convert the sample rate in the sequence to 48h, by doing that, i succeded to export the AAF, 

however, the Avid support guy said that he will check if there's a solution to fix this issue with keeping the settings in Media Creation at OP1 Atom, since this moment still didn't get a response about that, i'll update once i got an answer for the support tram. 

best, 

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller