Latest post Tue, Jul 9 2019 4:37 PM by Calex88. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Jul 9 2019 7:31 AM

• Calex88
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sun, Feb 4 2018
    • Posts 4
    • Points 50

Media First to MC

Hello all, 

I'm running MC 2019.6 on custom build: Intel i7 8700 8th Gen. w/ 16GB RAM, Win 10 Pro, Nvidia Quadro P2000

I upgraded from MC First and am now using MC. I am not having any technical isssues, it just seems that AVID won't allow me to work on my older projects from MC First in MC. 

I had this issue in PT, but was able to find a work around. That process has not worked for me in MC. In PT, I could at least still keep PT First, but when I updated MC First to MC, it auto uninstalled MC First and it doesn't seem like I can co-install both like I could with PT. 

It just says MC can't open MC First projects and gives me the finger, which seems counter intuitive to having a entry level piece of software, if you can't use projects after you pay to upgrade and you can't co-install. 

Thanks

• Tue, Jul 9 2019 8:37 AM In reply to

Re: Media First to MC

Calex88:
    it just seems that AVID won't allow me to work on my older projects from MC First in MC.

That's by design. Sorry I don't have a better answer.

http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/en_US/faq/If-a-friend-sends-me-a-standard-Media-Composer-project-to-work-on-can-I-use-Media-Composer-First-for-working-on-this-project

Avid MC First FAQ:
     You also cannot open bins from Media Composer | First in Media Composer; this functionality will be added at a later date.

Media Composer 2019.6 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce GT... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Tue, Jul 9 2019 9:01 AM In reply to

• Calex88
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 4
    • Points 50

Thanks for the reply. 

I assumed that was by design, but that post is almost two years old. You'de think enough time has passed for that "later date" to have come by now. 

I really love AVID so far, but things like this make me seriously consider just using Premier. 

• Tue, Jul 9 2019 11:24 AM In reply to

You should tell them that. You can use the Feature Request forum:

http://community.avid.com/forums/44.aspx

Or send an email to Marianna Montague (marianna.montague@avid.com) and Raff Condalor (raff.condalor@avid.com).  They are Avid's customer advocates.

Media Composer 2019.6 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce GT... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Tue, Jul 9 2019 4:37 PM In reply to

• Calex88
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 4
    • Points 50

Thanks for those contcts! 

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller