Latest post Tue, Jul 9 2019 12:54 AM by RobertL. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Jul 9 2019 12:54 AM

• RobertL
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Jul 12 2010
    • Posts 1
    • Points 5

2019.6 Feature Requests

0 0 1 273 1558 New Century Films 12 3 1828 14.0 Normal 0 false false false EN-US JA X-NONE <!-- /* Font Definitions */ @font-face {font-family:"MS 明朝"; mso-font-charset:78; mso-generic-font-family:auto; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:1 134676480 16 0 131072 0;} @font-face {font-family:"MS 明朝"; mso-font-charset:78; mso-generic-font-family:auto; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:1 134676480 16 0 131072 0;} @font-face {font-family:Cambria; panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:auto; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:-536870145 1073743103 0 0 415 0;} /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-unhide:no; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; margin-top:0in; margin-right:0in; margin-bottom:10.0pt; margin-left:0in; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; mso-bidi-font-size:10.0pt; font-family:Cambria; mso-ascii-font-family:Cambria; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"MS 明朝"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Cambria; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi; mso-fareast-language:JA;} .MsoChpDefault {mso-style-type:export-only; mso-default-props:yes; font-size:10.0pt; mso-ansi-font-size:10.0pt; mso-bidi-font-size:10.0pt; font-family:Cambria; mso-ascii-font-family:Cambria; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"MS 明朝"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Cambria; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi; mso-fareast-language:JA;} .MsoPapDefault {mso-style-type:export-only; margin-bottom:10.0pt;} @page WordSection1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.WordSection1 {page:WordSection1;} --> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin-top:0in; mso-para-margin-right:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:10.0pt; mso-para-margin-left:0in; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:Cambria; mso-ascii-font-family:Cambria; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Cambria; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-language:JA;}

I just spent the better part of the day setting up the new Media Composer 2019.6 and have a few feature requests.

1. It seems like there are only two choices for the Interface Brightness, those being black or light grey.  This is very limiting as many of us have our monitors set up for what works best for us based on our visual acuity and room environment.  Also someone such as myself who works in multiple rooms at multiple production facilities knows that you can run into a myriad number of monitor set ups which may not be optimal for yourself but are what you need to make due with.  So not being able to adjust the overall brightness of the interface is a drawback.

2. The “Bin Container” set to “Show Sidebar Only” needs to be a default option.  It also needs to be saved with a workspace.  So when you change a workspace it does not disappear and need to be re-enabled.  For those of us who work on extremely large projects and change workspaces every few tasks this is a must.  Also I have noticed that when a Workspace is saved with the Host Panel minimized, and a key combination is assigned to that workspace, the key combination will not enable the workspace if the Host Panel is full screen.

3. It would be nice to have an interface option to not have Host Panels.  The Host Panel is one of my least favorite things about Premiere Pro.  It serves no useful purpose that I can discern.  I know it has been part of the Windows version of Avid for some time and I really dislike it there too.  It keeps you from seeing any open Apps that you might be using concurrently with Avid such as Photoshop or a PDF viewer.  I like to keep a PDF copy of “Network Notes” open in a window under Avid where I  can see it as I address them.  On a Mac you can even scroll the notes without leaving the Avid Application.  If you can’t make “No Host Panels” an option at least make “Open Host Panel Minimized” as an option in the Interface menu.

Page 1 of 1 (1 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller