Latest post Thu, Jul 11 2019 8:44 PM by nymills. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Jul 8 2019 2:52 PM

• nymills
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • New York City
    • Posts 318
    • Points 4,530

Multiple Bug Issues, things stop working, MC 2019.6

Love the new design and workflow! Having issues with bugs popping up. Here are a few.

- Suddenly can't move any clips around the Timeline. Using the Segment tool in Red or Yellow the clips won't move. They seemed locked and happens suddenly while editing.

- Workflows windows won't stay pinned to an area. I have the effects editor pinned with a couple of others as a part of workflow process on a project. The other remains available while effects editor disappears and has to be reopened. This did not happen last week while on the same project. 

- Timeline font goes funky to a font style I've never seen. 

- A few others like this but can't remember. Will add more this week as working on projects.

Temp Resolution - Save the project. Close the program and relaunch. Everything functions again.

Win10 64Bit MC 2019.6 HP ZBook 15 G2 32GB Ram 250 GB System Drive 2 TB Internal Media 20 GB Raid Array [view my complete system specs]

Michael Mills
    TeleStory Pictures
    www.telestorypictures.com
    "Some people see things and say,'Why?' I dream things that never were; and say,'Why not?'"

• Mon, Jul 8 2019 3:49 PM In reply to

Re: Multiple Bug Issues, things stop working, MC 2019.6

Just in case, are you using old user settings brought forward to 2019.6? New ones are required for this release, and using old ones can cause weird behavior.

Media Composer 2019.6 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce GT... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Thu, Jul 11 2019 8:44 PM In reply to

• nymills
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • New York City
    • Posts 318
    • Points 4,530

Re: Multiple Bug Issues, things stop working, MC 2019.6

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll follow up with this. Wondered myself if that is the case. Support didn't think this was the case, never approached the matter and never resolved it. I think it is as you say.

Win10 64Bit MC 2019.6 HP ZBook 15 G2 32GB Ram 250 GB System Drive 2 TB Internal Media 20 GB Raid Array [view my complete system specs]

Michael Mills
    TeleStory Pictures
    www.telestorypictures.com
    "Some people see things and say,'Why?' I dream things that never were; and say,'Why not?'"

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller