Latest post Thu, Nov 7 2019 10:03 AM by gswilson. 69 replies.
Page 2 of 5 (70 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Aug 19 2019 3:21 PM In reply to

Re: Please provide basic user info on Titler+

RalphC:

Yup, this is on top of my list to raise to the team.

Thanks,

RalphC

And what is "the team's" response?

MC 2018.12.3 with Symphony, Matrox MX02 Mini Max, Win 7 Pro, HP Z800 2x6-Core 3.2Ghz Xeon, 48GB ram, Quadro K4200, SanDisk Extreme 240GB SSD as system... [view my complete system specs]

I have a fantastic editing assistant.  He stays by my side when I edit...doesn't talk too much...and thinks I'm a genius!    Check him out here: www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQVkYaaPO6g

• Mon, Aug 19 2019 3:57 PM In reply to

• touviere7
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on Mon, Mar 15 2010
    • los angeles
    • Posts 644
    • Points 7,305

+++1Sad

symphony 2019.9 - win 10 pro64 v.1803 - QT essential 7.7.9 - nVidia gtx1080 OC (431.86) - intel i7 6800k@4.1ghz water cooled by corsair H100i V2 - MSI... [view my complete system specs]

the time you enjoy wasting is NOT wasted time...

• Mon, Aug 19 2019 8:18 PM In reply to

• Aren Hansen
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Mar 15 2016
    • Toronto
    • Posts 67
    • Points 735

It's actually ridiculous how poorly much of AVID is documented. How about scriptsync Avid?

2018.12.7 // OS10.14.5 // iMac 2019 3.6 i9 // 72GB Ram // Vega 48 // [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Aug 20 2019 5:28 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 10,792
    • Points 225,530
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Raff did a good job of escalating this request and kept the pressure on.  As of now, we have a new team of people who will be meeting soon and Raff/I will be presenting to them the area's where tutorials and videos are needed as well as documentation.  I asked for a few days to prepare before the meeting so they know not to schedule it say "today"

Once the meeting is schedule, we are off to the races and hope to have a direct impact on these needs.

Marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

Twitter:  avidmarianna

Facebook: Marianna Montague

www.avidcustomerassociation.com   |  Connect 2019 | April 6-7 | Aria, Las Vegas, NV

WWLD

• Tue, Aug 20 2019 7:33 PM In reply to

• bonang
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Boston, MA
    • Posts 370
    • Points 4,630

Hopefully better late than never - please keep this string updated, Marianna and Raff, should there be progress. So many promises were made at the end of 2018 for new/improved/exciting developments for Media Composer in 2019, and so far, so little to show that has actual functional improvement, and not introduced new bugs and workarounds as is still the case with 2019.7 (you are well aware of this, no need to repeat here.)

As today's t-shirt states, it's time for "not words, but deeds." 

Avid MC 2019.9 with Symphony option | HP zbook 17" G3 / i7 6820HQ / 32GB RAM / 512GB SSD / WIN 10 PRO 64 / nVidia m3000m / BMD UltraStudio 4K [view my complete system specs]

Keith

• Tue, Aug 20 2019 7:40 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Avid
    • Posts 10,792
    • Points 225,530
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

I plan too but if you havent seen anything and get antsy - tag me out on here.   

And I agree with your post 150%

Marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

mobile 813-493-6800

www.avidcustomerassociation.com   |  Connect 2019 | April 6-7 | Aria, Las Vegas, NV

WWLD

• Wed, Aug 21 2019 1:06 AM In reply to

Marianna:
    As of now, we have a new team of people who will be meeting soon and Raff/I will be presenting to them the area's where tutorials and videos are needed as well as documentation.
    Would be great if this team had nobody from the development team or marketing on it.

Perhaps this would lead to professional tutorials and documentation.  Just facts and steps needed to build new workflows.

In my experience the current crop of tutorials waste half of the time telling us how good  "they think" the changes are. Followed by look at me and all the things I can do with the new UI. Finally suggesting I should give it time  because I will soon love these changes. 

Sadly in my experiences so far very few of these changes have turned out to be easier, faster or more productive.

Alayne

• Wed, Aug 21 2019 9:28 AM In reply to

• SchnittKontor_HH
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Mar 30 2006
    • Europe - Germany - Hamburg
    • Posts 94
    • Points 1,070

I like these kind of tutorials.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwYTE0Glh1lXEYBXhhcVu6g

MC /w. Sym 2019.9 | AVID Artist | DNxIO | HP Z8 G4, 2x Xeon Gold 6154 v1 18-Core 3.0 GHz, 192 GB RAM, GPU: RTX 2080 TI, HP Thunderbolt 3 | Win 10 Pro 64... [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Aug 21 2019 12:54 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Avid
    • Posts 10,792
    • Points 225,530
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Alayne,

Agree... I know that some folks know of Michael Krulik who does a lot of our demo's at NAB and events across the globe... he is amazing and been editing on MC for a LONG time. He will be involved... as will CS folks like myself and Raff and a few other workflow folks.

Marianna

mobile 813-493-6800

WWLD

• Wed, Aug 21 2019 5:18 PM In reply to

• touviere7
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on Mon, Mar 15 2010
    • los angeles
    • Posts 644
    • Points 7,305

SchnittKontor_HH:

I like these kind of tutorials.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwYTE0Glh1lXEYBXhhcVu6g

yes! no nonsense, straight to the point!Yes

symphony 2019.9 - win 10 pro64 v.1803 - QT essential 7.7.9 - nVidia gtx1080 OC (431.86) - intel i7 6800k@4.1ghz water cooled by corsair H100i V2 - MSI... [view my complete system specs]

the time you enjoy wasting is NOT wasted time...

• Wed, Aug 21 2019 6:20 PM In reply to

touviere7:
    no nonsense, straight to the point

My guess is the vast majority of users have been working with the old Title Tool/Marquee for a long time and don't need a baby step tutorial from square one.   Just a quick start guide or cheat sheet that explains how use Titler +  to do what we've always been doing in Title Tool and Marquee.  

MC 2018.12.3 with Symphony, Matrox MX02 Mini Max, Win 7 Pro, HP Z800 2x6-Core 3.2Ghz Xeon, 48GB ram, Quadro K4200, SanDisk Extreme 240GB SSD as system... [view my complete system specs]

I have a fantastic editing assistant.  He stays by my side when I edit...doesn't talk too much...and thinks I'm a genius!    Check him out here: www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQVkYaaPO6g

• Thu, Sep 5 2019 5:21 PM In reply to

Bumping this again.  

How long does it take for the developers of Titler+ to sit down a write a simple quick start guide?

• Thu, Sep 5 2019 5:34 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Avid
    • Posts 10,792
    • Points 225,530
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Terry

Michael and his team are on it along with several other tutorials people are screaming for.  Its not as easy as ou think as there are guidelines for the company tat have to be followed.  We arent going to ut out some pixelated crappy hme made tutorial under the Avid logo.

Let me ask for an update.

Marianna

mobile 813-493-6800

WWLD

• Thu, Sep 5 2019 6:06 PM In reply to

Thanks for the quick response, Marianna.

I'm not asking for a full-blown 400-page comprehensive manual.   Just a basic guide that shows how to perform the simple functions we've been doing all along in the old Title Tool.

The fact is the new Titler+ is not intuitive.  I've been using various title and graphics programs for over 20 years and I'm not an idiot.  I keep going back and playing around with it when I get a few minutes here and there, but without some basic information, Title+ is hard to get a grip on.  I produce over 100 commercials a year and just don't have time to experiment without any references.  So I'm resorting to Photoshop for UHD projects, even if it's just to title someone's name.  It slows down the workflow and makes me less productive.

A quick and easy built-in Titler was one of Avid's strengths for years, especially for creating simple graphics under deadline pressuse.  I just want to get back to quick and easy...

• Thu, Sep 5 2019 6:09 PM In reply to

• Fazz Powell
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Sun, Dec 3 2006
    • Naples, FL
    • Posts 403
    • Points 5,510

Marianna-If you mean “video” tutorials they are not very useful other than to show what is possible. It’s just not an effective way to deliver detailed training. For example, New Blue has tried to make these for several years and refer users to them as their manual. What we need is a proper manual done by an instructional designer type person(s) with an index. Tutorials often miss the basics or assume a certain knowledge level or are too simplistic. No offense to software designers but whoever does these tutorials tend to create something they think looks super cool, like a faux Star Wars opening or examples that would be of very little use in the real world. For example, I do corporate work, so I don’t need a movie title. For example I need right/center/left justification lines/grids per line or word or paragraph with positioning data to be able to space them equally apart. Support for ASCII characters/symbols (which doesn’t need a tuioral), the list goes on and on. As to Avids standards you mentioned - Title+ seemed to have missed that mark and should have been released with a manual from the get go and not so buggy. I’m telling ya...track down a copy of Inscriber. That’s how a proper character generator should work and how a manual should be written.

MC 2018.10 w/Symphony option. NitrisDX, HP Z800 Dual 2.67Ghz, 500GB SSD, 96GB Ram, Nvidia M4000, BCC2019, Sapphire2019, TitlePro5, ProTools 10.5,Terrablock... [view my complete system specs]

Dan Powell - Take One Digital Media

Page 2 of 5 (70 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next >

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller