Latest post Wed, Jul 3 2019 11:23 PM by Russell Anderson. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Jul 2 2019 10:12 PM

Bins corrupting while working on ISIS, 0kb bins!

Hi all

Running Avid 2018.12.3 on an ISIS 5500 with most recent Nexis Client software.  We keep our avid projects on a projects partition and our media on separate media partitions per project.

So here's the issue.

We recently updated to 2018.12.3 and a handful of people are having an issue where a their avid bins will throw an error during the save, something about not being able to copy to (or from?) the avid attic, and that the file is gone.  Then the Avid bin goes to 0kb, even though there are sequences in it.  If you hit save, it pretends to save, but the bin is still 0kb.  

If I create a new bin with the same name, the exact same thing happens to it 15 or 20 minutes later.  

If I create a new bin with a different name, it seems to be fine.

The only solution is to move my cuts from the corrupt bins to new bins before the bins are closed (and everything is destroyed). 

Also, the Avid Attic keeps saving these 0k files from when it starts.  So the attic is full of 0kb bins.

Only thing I can think is that something to do with the background autosaving attic is causing a problem.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  This is causing riots at the office.

• Wed, Jul 3 2019 1:17 PM In reply to

Re: Bins corrupting while working on ISIS, 0kb bins!

Known issue. I'm not sure if there is a recent combination of MC and Nexis client that solves it. For now, we have rolled back as far back as Nexis 7.11 client.

MC 8.6.1, Windows 10, ASROCK X99M, Intel 5930K, Zotac GTX970, 32GB RAM, Transcend 512GB M.2 SSD & Dell U2713H. MBP 2012 Thunderbolt, OSX 10.10.5, MC... [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Jul 3 2019 11:23 PM In reply to

Re: Bins corrupting while working on ISIS, 0kb bins!

ooof, bummer.  Okay, thanks for the heads up.  7.11 resolved it for you?  I'll downgrade everyone.  Thanks.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller