Latest post Thu, Dec 5 2019 8:59 AM by mangamanga. 15 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (16 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Jun 26 2019 6:54 PM

• Jay Harper
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, May 10 2018
    • Chapel Hill, NC
    • Posts 7
    • Points 85

Avid Link Stuck on Initializing

Have downloaded most recent version of MC|First (19.6.0) and have installed it on a fresh install of High Sierra on a MacBook Pro. Upon opening Avid Link, attempting to sign in produces a spinnning circle with "initializing" as the text. After about a minute, Avid Link relaunches and begins the process again.

So far, I've attempted to uninstall and reinstall Avid Link separately. There are no firewalls and the option for Anonymous Data Collection is unchecked in the Preferences. 

Next steps? I see someone may have had a similar issue in the forum, and no solution was made public.

Thanks for any help. 

Work - MC 2018.9 on Mid-2012 Mac Pro, 10.12.6, 2x2.4 6-core Intel Xeon, 28G RAM, 1G VRAM Home - Pro Tools 2018 on Mid-2011 Mac Pro, 10.12.6, 2x3GHz i7... [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Jun 26 2019 10:15 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 10,826
    • Points 226,045
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Re: Avid Link Stuck on Initializing

Hi there Jay

What exact versionof Sierra and Link are you using?   and is the Macbook and i5 or i7?

Marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

Twitter:  avidmarianna

Facebook: Marianna Montague

www.avidcustomerassociation.com   |  Connect 2019 | April 6-7 | Aria, Las Vegas, NV

WWLD

• Wed, Jun 26 2019 11:11 PM In reply to

• Jay Harper
    • Not Ranked
    • Chapel Hill, NC
    • Posts 7
    • Points 85

Hi Marianna,

Thanls for the reply. My MBP is an i7 running High Sierra (10.13.3). I’m updating to 10.13.6 as I type this. The Avid Link I just downloaded yesterday is 19.6.0. It’s the same version which is installed along with the MC installer 19.6.0. 

Thanks again,

Jay

Work - MC 2018.9 on Mid-2012 Mac Pro, 10.12.6, 2x2.4 6-core Intel Xeon, 28G RAM, 1G VRAM Home - Pro Tools 2018 on Mid-2011 Mac Pro, 10.12.6, 2x3GHz i7... [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Jun 27 2019 5:44 PM In reply to

• Jay Harper
    • Not Ranked
    • Chapel Hill, NC
    • Posts 7
    • Points 85

An update:

Updated MacOS to 10.13.6. Have also now tried multiple networks. Still no change.

I was mistaken about the Avid Link version number. it is 19.5. It is the same one installed with MC 19.6. Is the Avid Link version supposed to match MC? The most recent version available to download is 19.5.

Any additional troubleshoot steps to try?

• Thu, Jun 27 2019 10:10 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Avid
    • Posts 10,826
    • Points 226,045
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Jay

Link 2019.5 is the latest version and works with 2019.6 MC.   Can you email me directly Jay with the System ID and MYAvid email.

I think I might know whats what but need to check it

Marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

mobile 813-493-6800

www.avidcustomerassociation.com   |  Connect 2019 | April 6-7 | Aria, Las Vegas, NV

WWLD

• Mon, Jul 15 2019 8:00 PM In reply to

• angelacatz
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sat, Apr 25 2015
    • Posts 4
    • Points 70

I am having the same problem. Avid Link 19.5 and Media Composer 2019.6 on Mojave. I haven't been able to launch the software successfully since upgrading to Mojave and renewing my Media Composer subscription. Media Composer goes through the same sequence of asking how I'd like to activate my product, then Avid Link is stuck "initializing." A few times Avid Link progressed as far as allowing me to input my login credentials, then an "unknown error" occurred. I have a claim filed, but it's been several days and I really need to get this resolved. Support told me "this is a known issue," so why hasn't a solution been posted online? Any help is appreciated!

• Mon, Jul 15 2019 9:18 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Avid
    • Posts 10,826
    • Points 226,045
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

email me this information and your System ID and MyAvid email address.

Standing by

Marianna

mobile 813-493-6800

WWLD

• Mon, Jul 15 2019 9:26 PM In reply to

• angelacatz
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sat, Apr 25 2015
    • Posts 4
    • Points 70

Thanks, I already did :) In the meantime, I was able to fix the issue by deleting the Cache, Db, and License folders and closing Avid Link in the Activity Monitor.  I read this was a fix for previous problems with the older Avid App Manager and decided to give it a try for Avid Link. I also added my computer name to the "Auto ID" field in my Avid Master account online, hoping it would more readily recognize my machine. I verified permissions, toggled Network and firewall settings, and did a fresh install of Avid Link. I am not sure what fixed the issue, but I am up and running now!

• Thu, Aug 29 2019 2:53 AM In reply to

• CateC
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Aug 9 2011
    • Posts 5
    • Points 65

Having the same problem with Avid Link stuck on Initializing. My previous Application Manager (the last version) also had this problem so I finally uninstalled it. I would REALLY like to use Avid Link so this is really frustrating.

I've followed all the advice above including getting rid of old App Manager preferences -  except for the "I also added my computer name to the "Auto ID" field in my Avid Master account online" .. I don't know what this is or how to find it. Is it related to System ID? (What is System ID and what is it's purpose other than product updates?) I'm three computers on from the initial computer I was using when I first bought Pro Tools and I never had this "initializing" problem until I installed the very last version of Application Manager. 

I want to upgrade Pro Tools to the latest version which I can do manually but I'd rather use Avid Link. It was so much more conveniant when Application Manager was actually working for me.  

My computer is a iMacPro 2017 running High Sierra. I'm running Pro Tools 2018.12 (and wishing to upgrade)

I'm slightly annoyed at paying a subscription and still being unable to find fixes for what seems to be relatively minor, yet obstructive problems. 

Filed under:
  • Thu, Aug 29 2019 3:08 PM In reply to

• RalphC
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Sep 2 2015
    • Posts 2,063
    • Points 22,900
    • Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Customer Service
      Avid Employee
      SystemAdministrator

Hello,

I created a case for you 03776055. By the way, this is the Pro Video Community Forums, for audio related please go to the DUC

RalphC

MacBook Pro 15 2018 Intel Core i7 2.6GHz Mac 10.13.6 Intel UHD 630. [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Aug 30 2019 1:11 AM In reply to

• CateC
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 5
    • Points 65

Thanks Ralph. This is not about audio per se ... this is about Avid Link. It wouldn't matter what part of Avid software I was trying to install. I was following up links on the internet trying to see if I could find advice to solve the problem. Clearly there's insufficient advice on the Avid troubleshooting website. 

• Sat, Nov 30 2019 6:12 PM In reply to

SOLVED the below  by completely uninstalling "avid link" , restored the "MC app manager". 

Ignored the "initializing", clicked on licensing and put in my new license numbers and the key.

It worked. MC just opened again

SOLVED but want to share this issue:

I am having the same issue now. 

Finally managed to renew my license for MC after lots of trouble.

Now MC won't start. (of course I haven't uninstalled and re-installed it after the license ran out, so it is the same software as before.

It takes me to licensing options, then the lately downloaded Avid Link opens and gets stuck on "ititializing".

I uninstalled the Avid Application manager to run it only from Avid Link.

Uninstalled, installed, uninstalled Avid Link several times. Restarted the Mac several times.

Same error all the time, can't get anywhere.

Macbook pro 15 ''2018, Sierra 10.13.6, 2,6 GHz intel i7

• Sun, Dec 1 2019 3:15 PM In reply to

• dmajor
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Apr 15 2013
    • Posts 2
    • Points 30

Just one question. Do you have the problem WIFI or ehternet connection?

Because I only have this problem with WIFI connection. Once I'm connected via cable it works fine.

• Sun, Dec 1 2019 10:49 PM In reply to

• CateC
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 5
    • Points 65

I solved the issue eventually by following the advice at this website. It was offered by Avid Customer service. It worked. 

https://www.igeeksblog.com/how-to-reset-restore-hosts-file-to-its-original-version-in-mac-windows/

• Wed, Dec 4 2019 10:50 PM In reply to

• dmajor
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Apr 15 2013
    • Posts 2
    • Points 30

exactly that also worked for me, only difference I needed to flush the DNS Cache:

So following this 2 Steps:

Step 1: overwrite hostfile

http://osxdaily.com/2014/04/12/restore-original-hosts-file-mac/

Step 2: flush DNS cache

http://osxdaily.com/2008/03/21/how-to-flush-your-dns-cache-in-mac-os-x/

also works when your having troubles with your DANTE Virtual Sound Card :)

Page 1 of 2 (16 items) 1 2 Next >

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller