Latest post Mon, Jun 10 2019 7:25 PM by scocklin. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Jun 10 2019 6:02 PM

• DStone
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Nov 4 2005
    • Massachusetts
    • Posts 3,577
    • Points 45,930
    • Moderator: Media Composer Getting Started

Some weirdness when linking media

I just want to see if this is my system.

On MC 2018.12.3, I'm having some interesting AMA linking issues. I've got an XAVC-S file (MP4) linked into a bin, but the file location is not the one it's supposed to be (I was having some issues, so I copied the file to a different directory and used that). The current directory ig G:\New Folder (this is supposed to be a temporary thing). The location of the original folder (and where the file also exists) is G:\Vacation 2016\XAVC-S\card1_7-8-2016 (Yes, I am editing vacation video for the family). It's the same file name (C0015.MP4).

I renamed the file in New Folder to something else, and then did a relink of the master clip. It did not relink. I linked the original file in the vacation folder in a new bin, and then relinked the sequence using selected items in open bins. That did not relink.

Here's the fun part. When I do a get info on the both of the master clips, they both point to G:\New Folder even though I most definitely linked to the file in the Vacation folder.

I renamed the AMA Manangement folder and tried again, but with the same results. Then I deleted the master clip from the bin and linked to the one in the Vacation folder. And again, it selected the one in New Folder.

I'd like to see if this is reproducible. A simple procedure:

1. Take the same media file and copy it to 2 different directories on the same drive.
    2. Create 2 bins.
    3. Link to one of the files in the first bin.
    4. Link to the second file in the other bin.
    5. Do a get info on both master clips. Do they point to the same file?

DIY quad core I7-4790K, 32Gb, NVidia GTX 970 4GB, Win 10 Pro, MC(generally the latest or the one just before), MC 7.x [view my complete system specs]

Dave S.

• Mon, Jun 10 2019 7:25 PM In reply to

• scocklin
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Maryland
    • Posts 658
    • Points 7,890

Re: Some weirdness when linking media

I created 2 directories on a different drive  drive J and copied the same file to both directories,  After linking to the J drive with the Avid Generic plugin info still points to my O drive where I originally copied them to.  When I link with the paid nablet plug-in to the files on the J drive info points to the file location as J the correct drive.  

HP Z800 2x 3.46GHz Hex Core X5690, 96GB Ram, Windows 10, Samsung SSD 850 Pro 512GB, Avid Mojo DX, Nvidia Quadro K4000, GTX 1080 FTW, DeckLink SDI 4K,... [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller