Latest post Thu, Jun 6 2019 2:24 PM by Vadym. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Jun 3 2019 8:19 AM

[C++] Specify multicamera video in aaf file

Hi everyone,

We would like to specify synchronized multicamera clips in AVID Interplay.

The use case concerns clips with same timecode in and out. 

The end result that we try to achieve is that the end-user can then easily switch from a camera angle to another in Media Composer.

So far, we managed to create a valid aaf file, do a "checkin" in Interplay (which seems correct, see image below) but the drag'n'drop from interplay to media composer fail with the message "MobId not found" (see image below).

I verified these mobId and it seems that all ids contained in the aaf file are related to existing media in interplay, I don't know what to check at this point..

• Is there a way to get a more specific error message ?
    • Do you have some code sample that can lead me to the right way ?
    Any help will be appreciated ! Don't hesitate if what we try to achieve or what we tried is not clear enough Here are some images : Group that contains 2 clips Error on drag and drop from interplay to mediacomposer Thanks, Valentin

• Thu, Jun 6 2019 6:59 AM In reply to

Re: [C++] Specify multicamera video in aaf file

Hi everyone,

I tried to drag'n'drop the aaf file directly into MediaComposer (without a checkin in Interplay), and this work.

Is it a bug in Interplay ?

• Thu, Jun 6 2019 2:24 PM In reply to

• Vadym
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Apr 17 2014
    • Posts 224
    • Points 2,715
    • Avid Developer Moderator
      Avid Employee

Re: [C++] Specify multicamera video in aaf file

Hi Valentin,

MediaComposer is more forgiving on the AAF issues than PAM.

I'm following up internally on the latest status update of MultiCam/MultiGroup support in the AAFToolkit which is what should be used for generating AAFs.

Thanks,

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller