Latest post Tue, Apr 30 2019 8:22 AM by Jeroen van Eekeres. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Apr 23 2019 6:35 PM

• johan
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Dec 28 2012
    • dubai
    • Posts 87
    • Points 915

Update MEDIA CENTRAL ADVANCED CONNECTION license

Dears,

We already have MEDIA CENTRAL ADVANCED CONNECTION for 40 users (KEY-G), we want to upgrade the users to 50, How to activate the license (Activation ID) from avid license control ? because its already show activated on avid license control is it by click on deactivate and then activate the new license or just by click on activate and type the new activation ID and then the users will be increased from 40 to 50 ?

Please Help.

HP z400,z420,z620,z640 , windows 7 pro 64 bit , avid isis 5000 , avid airspeed 5000/5500 , avid newscutter 10, avid inews server , avid command news server... [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Apr 24 2019 12:49 PM In reply to

Re: Update MEDIA CENTRAL ADVANCED CONNECTION license

Hi,

You just add the extra licenses by clicking activate and entering the activation ID (starting ACAJ for advanced or BCAJ for base).

These licenses are incremental so the one adds to the others.

From the old Apple Quadro 950 to HP Z8xx. My current own system: 1x Z420 E5 1650 16GB memory, 128GB SSD, 1x XW8600, 2x 3.0Ghz Quadcore, 12GB memory... [view my complete system specs]

Jeroen van Eekeres 

Technical director, Broadcast support engineer, Avid ACSR.

Always have a backup of your projects....Always!!!! Yes Always!!!!

A.V.I.D....... Another Version In Development

www.mediaoffline.com

• Wed, Apr 24 2019 4:54 PM In reply to

• johan
    • Not Ranked
    • dubai
    • Posts 87
    • Points 915

Hi Jeroen,

Thanks for your reply, but also according to avid interplay guide we need to run application manager not avid license control to activate additional license.

HP z400,z420,z620,z640 , windows 7 pro 64 bit , avid isis 5000 , avid airspeed 5000/5500 , avid newscutter 10, avid inews server , avid command news server... [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Apr 24 2019 5:27 PM In reply to

Hi Johan,

That depends on the Interplay/Mediacentral version you are running.

In the application manager you should (after a minute and all has synced up) see a button called "Activate seats". 

This will give you the ability to add extra licenses, online or offline.

(I have setup an Interplay cluster with 2 seperate activation ID's for Base connections with the Application manager and can provide screenshots if needed.)

From the old Apple Quadro 950 to HP Z8xx. My current own system: 1x Z420 E5 1650 16GB memory, 128GB SSD, 1x XW8600, 2x 3.0Ghz Quadcore, 12GB memory... [view my complete system specs]

Jeroen van Eekeres 

www.mediaoffline.com

• Sun, Apr 28 2019 6:32 PM In reply to

• johan
    • Not Ranked
    • dubai
    • Posts 87
    • Points 915

Hi Jeroen,

We activated the license and the activation done successfully, but we already have two interplay engine server (Main , Backup for Failover cluster) when i open avid license control in main interplay engine its showing for me the new activation but in the second server we could not find the new activation ! is there any way to sync avid license activation between both servers ? 

our interplay engine version is 3.7

• Tue, Apr 30 2019 8:22 AM In reply to

If this system ID is registered as a cluster (obviously because it was bought that way) the activation ID can be used twice to activate the licenses. So you do the exact same thing on the second node so a failover does not cause you to loose licenses.

(For your info, In older versions of Interplay the licenses were stored in the Interplay database itself and you only needed to activate once for all nodes...but those days are gone.)

Jeroen van Eekeres 

www.mediaoffline.com

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller