Latest post Tue, Apr 23 2019 8:44 AM by Telegram!. 24 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (25 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Apr 15 2019 3:57 PM

Autosync Waveform error

HI! I'm having this strange error using Autosync Waveform... I select all the audiuo and video clips and right click and slect Autosync, waveform. After thinking fod like 20 minutes I get an error message that says: Not enough adjacent material to create transition, and it aborts and the sequence is not created... I tried with different clips and different ausios and I always ge the same error.

I opened a case with Support, but they responded me to check the sequence for errors???? What sequence? there is no sequence yet when you do this... I still waiting for support to get back to me.

Thanks!!!

HP Z840 Windows 10 Samsun 840 SSD 128 GB Ram GFORCE GTX Titan Black 160 TB DDP over 10GigE [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Apr 15 2019 4:28 PM In reply to

Re: Autosync Waveform error

My source says:

If all the video and audio clips are being selected in the bin, then that is not how waveform AutoSync works. The user needs to select only the clips that belong together first, then sync. If they are making basic sync maps in the timeline, then it “should” work but be prepared for the extra steps needed to create a .sync subclip for each take.

Media Composer /w Symphony option | PT-HD | Win7Pro64 HP | OSX MBP | ISIS5000 | Nitris DX | Artist Mix & Transport & Color | AJA T-Tap | Decklink... [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Apr 15 2019 5:02 PM In reply to

I only have clips that belong togheter in the bin, nothing else. The worst is that it takes like 20minutes to 1 hour to give the error. and what transitions is talking about??? it used to work in the preious version, I used it a lot always the same way

HP Z840 Windows 10 Samsun 840 SSD 128 GB Ram GFORCE GTX Titan Black 160 TB DDP over 10GigE [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Apr 15 2019 5:09 PM In reply to

just tried with the latest version that I downloaded today, same error after like 30 minutes of syncing clips...  I do not undertsnd what trasitions is talking about, and there is absolutely no errors in the console.

I wish support was a bit faster to respond....

• Mon, Apr 15 2019 5:37 PM In reply to

Also the audio clips and the video clips have the same timecode, I trid the Autosync by timecode and create new subclips, but the audio is not included on those clips, why not?

• Mon, Apr 15 2019 5:53 PM In reply to

Now I got the Autosync with timecode to work, but it renames the tracks, it is not clear which one is the original from the video and which one is coming from the good audio clip.....

• Mon, Apr 15 2019 6:27 PM In reply to

Victor Wolansky:

Now I got the Autosync with timecode to work, but it renames the tracks, it is not clear which one is the original from the video and which one is coming from the good audio clip.....

Just curious: Which version of MC? Also, what did you do last time that worked? I never use AutoSync, only Groups*. As I recall, AutoSync clips as seen on a timeline show a somewhat different name, but can be match-framed.

Windows7 Pro; HP 820z, 16GB ram; Composer Nitris DX, Squeeze v8.5 Pro _____ Windows10 Pro x64 Dell XPS 8930 Special Edition Tower i7-8700 3.2 Ghz; 32GB... [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Apr 15 2019 6:32 PM In reply to

its explained on my first post... just select all the clips, Autosync, select Waveform, and that's it, it creates an new sequence withb the video and good audio clips, but it did not changed the names like the Timecode syncs does...  it alwasy worked before.

• Mon, Apr 15 2019 6:34 PM In reply to

ok. Which version are you using?

Windows7 Pro; HP 820z, 16GB ram; Composer Nitris DX, Squeeze v8.5 Pro _____ Windows10 Pro x64 Dell XPS 8930 Special Edition Tower i7-8700 3.2 Ghz; 32GB... [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Apr 15 2019 6:35 PM In reply to

Latest one downloaded today. 2019.3

• Mon, Apr 15 2019 6:46 PM In reply to

Good luck with support.

• Mon, Apr 15 2019 7:29 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 10,219
    • Points 218,265
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Telegram!:

Good luck with support.

Now that wasnt nice.... telegram.   we all cant know everything you know. 

Victor... we have a case open with Peter and I am adding you to the case so you get everything and I also added myself.  I also sent a note to support with some of the things they need to try.  Also asked Stanleys boss to educate him on that feature

Stand by ---  

Marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

Twitter:  avidmarianna

Facebook: Marianna Montague

www.avidcustomerassociation.com   |  Connect 2019 | April 6-7 | Aria, Las Vegas, NV

WWLD

• Mon, Apr 15 2019 7:34 PM In reply to

Thanks Marianna. Emails on that case goes to my email already. Peter is the owner, but I’m the contact :-). I’m trying now on an old version to see if works. It used to work perfectly. 

• Mon, Apr 15 2019 7:40 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 10,219
    • Points 218,265
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Per one of our audio engineers who grouped by waveform a lot, and also does waveform sync in sequences, but not autosync.  He will try it when he get a few minutes, but I would suggest you try to find out what the same material does when doing the right-click sync by waveform that was added to 2018.12. or 2018.11

Marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

Twitter:  avidmarianna

Facebook: Marianna Montague

www.avidcustomerassociation.com   |  Connect 2019 | April 6-7 | Aria, Las Vegas, NV

WWLD

• Mon, Apr 15 2019 7:51 PM In reply to

How you waveform sync on a timeline? I could not find that on the help. I could only find the right click on the bin and that is what I’m using. I don’t care where it’s done as long as it does it :-)

Page 1 of 2 (25 items) 1 2 Next >

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller