Latest post Wed, Apr 10 2019 7:35 PM by DStone. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Apr 10 2019 5:39 PM

• Adrian Redmond
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, May 28 2014
    • Channel 6 Television Denmark
    • Posts 176
    • Points 2,475

Message compose window

May I suggest that the font/font size in the message compose window on this forum is too small, and that enlarging the font would make it much easier for folks like me who type too fast and work on a big screen to check their spelling?

I would suggest a font size in the message field that is just as large as the font size in the subject field?

Just my pennyworth - it would certainly make contributing here much easier.

thanks!

Avid Media Composer v. 8.5.3. with Symphony Option on HP Z820 Dual Intel E5-2640 6-core HT 2.5GHz CPU 32GB RAM NVidia Quadro K4000 Graphics on Win7x64... [view my complete system specs]

Adrian Redmond
    Owner / Producer / Editor
    Channel 6 Television Denmark

• Wed, Apr 10 2019 5:44 PM In reply to

Re: Message compose window

Hi Adrian,

This should help:

Click on your user name to the top right, this will take you to http://community.avid.com/members/<yourusername>/default.aspx.

There, to the left, click on Edit My Profile.

Then, choose the tab "Site Options".

Then, choose Font Size, Largest.

Did that years ago, never looked back.

Media Composer /w Symphony option | PT-HD | Win7Pro64 HP | OSX MBP | ISIS5000 | Nitris DX | Artist Mix & Transport & Color | AJA T-Tap | Decklink... [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Apr 10 2019 5:57 PM In reply to

• Adrian Redmond
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, May 28 2014
    • Channel 6 Television Denmark
    • Posts 176
    • Points 2,475

Hi Job - just tried this, but I can see that the compose message window text is still the same small size :(

Avid Media Composer v. 8.5.3. with Symphony Option on HP Z820 Dual Intel E5-2640 6-core HT 2.5GHz CPU 32GB RAM NVidia Quadro K4000 Graphics on Win7x64... [view my complete system specs]

Adrian Redmond
    Owner / Producer / Editor
    Channel 6 Television Denmark

• Wed, Apr 10 2019 7:35 PM In reply to

• DStone
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Nov 4 2005
    • Massachusetts
    • Posts 3,572
    • Points 45,875
    • Moderator: Media Composer Getting Started

Adrian Redmond:

Hi Job - just tried this, but I can see that the compose message window text is still the same small size :(

The forums, like many other sites, uses tiny_mce for the message compose window. The font size is set in a CSS file on the forum hosting site. This is fixed at 10px. It's not something that you can automatically change.

There is a way of changing it manually, but you have to do it every time you compose a message and it's not something that a typical user would do (it involves debugging the CSS at run time).

DIY quad core I7-4790K, 32Gb, NVidia GTX 970 4GB, Win 10 Pro, MC(generally the latest or the one just before), MC 7.x [view my complete system specs]

Dave S.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller