Latest post Fri, Apr 5 2019 8:17 PM by pixels.paradise. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Apr 3 2019 10:56 AM

Can't consolidate ProRes in an AAF

Here's a thing that's bugged me. If export an AAF with video (say, to go to Resolve), using the option to consolidate to a folder, if there is a ProRes file in sequence, it won't work and the error message says it will only work with 'Link to ...'. On the other hand, I can consolidate a sequence in the usual way, even if it contains ProRes media. Is this a licencing limitation or is it to prevent errors if the AAF is opened on a PC perhaps? Anyone?

iMac i5 27", 24GB RAM, OS 10.13.6 with Symphony 2018.12, BlackMagic mini monitor. MacBook Pro, 16GB RAM with OS 10.13.6 with MC 2018.5 and BMD Ultrastudio... [view my complete system specs]

With best wishes, Roger Shufflebottom

ACI, Technical Tutor (Editing), Faculty of Media and Communication, Bournemouth University, Dorset, UK

• Fri, Apr 5 2019 8:17 PM In reply to

Re: Can't consolidate ProRes in an AAF

As far as I now, you cannot export ProRes within an AAF in any way. Neither consolidate (copy) to folder or embedded into AAF. You have to transcode it first into something else. We are transcoding our ProRes444 for greenscreen keys into DNxHD444. Be aware that this codec shows up only if you´re project is set to progressive and RGB. We usually are working in HD 1080i50 REC709, switching to 1080p25 RGB for transcoding to DNxHD444. After transcoding we are switching back to HD 1080i50 REC709. Exporting DNxHD444 to AAF copy to folder works like a charm.

This "feature" is behaving both PC and Mac in the same way.

HTH

pixel

iMac Mid 2016 / Sierra 10.12.6 / 32 GB RAM / MCA 2018.4 / MojoDX / Adobe CC 2018 / MBPro Mid 2015 / High Sierra 10.13. 6/ 16 GB RAM / MC 2018.8 / Adobe... [view my complete system specs]

What is editing? It´s the process of transforming a collection of badly focussed or horribly framed shots containing reversed screen directions, flare and dirt into a smooth visual statement of the script... ... for which the director takes the credit!

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller