Latest post Sat, Mar 30 2019 8:08 PM by Job ter Burg. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sat, Mar 30 2019 6:59 PM

• Adrian Redmond
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, May 28 2014
    • Channel 6 Television Denmark
    • Posts 176
    • Points 2,475

Deleting unwanted audio tracks and modifying clip data

If one has logged and captured a clip as V1 A1-A2 (2T mono) and after capturing find out that one does not want or need one of the audio tracks, can this be deleted and the clip data modified so it no longer shows the unwanted (and deleted) audio track?

Can a clip that has been logged and captured as 2-track mono be reconfigured to be 2T-stereo, without recapturing?

Jusdt a thought... :)

Avid Media Composer v. 8.5.3. with Symphony Option on HP Z820 Dual Intel E5-2640 6-core HT 2.5GHz CPU 32GB RAM NVidia Quadro K4000 Graphics on Win7x64... [view my complete system specs]

Adrian Redmond
    Owner / Producer / Editor
    Channel 6 Television Denmark

• Sat, Mar 30 2019 8:02 PM In reply to

Re: Deleting unwanted audio tracks and modifying clip data

1. Yes, either subclip, selecting the desired tracks, or Unlink, Modify, Relink. Either option will not delete any media, though.

2. Yes, in the bin, select one or more clips, choose Clip->Modify, Set Multichannel Audio, click the triangle next to A1 or A2, then choose Stereo from the dropdown menu.

Media Composer /w Symphony option | PT-HD | Win7Pro64 HP | OSX MBP | ISIS5000 | Nitris DX | Artist Mix & Transport & Color | AJA T-Tap | Decklink... [view my complete system specs]
  • Sat, Mar 30 2019 8:08 PM In reply to

Re: Deleting unwanted audio tracks and modifying clip data

Re: 1

I would suggest you subclip. If you insist on modifying the master clips:

a. Select one or more clips, hold shift and ctrl (pc) or shift and command, then open the Clip Menu, in which an Unlink option should now appear. Unlink the clips, they will go offline.

b. Select the unlinked clips, choose Clip->Modify->Set Tracks and set the desired tracks;

c. Select the modified clips, and from the Clip menu, choose Relink. 

Again, the media file for the ignored audio will still be in the system.

If you really want to get rid of the media too, you can probably select the clips you want to modify, hit delete, deselect masterclips, select the A-track you want to lose, then delete media files for that track. You would need to do this BEFORE the steps outlined above.

Media Composer /w Symphony option | PT-HD | Win7Pro64 HP | OSX MBP | ISIS5000 | Nitris DX | Artist Mix & Transport & Color | AJA T-Tap | Decklink... [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller