Latest post Sat, Mar 23 2019 9:44 AM by luca.mg. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Mar 15 2019 7:36 PM

• Rory T
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Mar 21 2018
    • Posts 17
    • Points 185

Reading Renderded Clips on other computers?

Hello all,

The wierdest thing is happening.  Imagine computer A, B and C.

Computer A renders in to out.  Set to render to the media partition on the Nexis in media creation.

Computer A sees it as rendered. Computer B see it as unrendered.  Computer C see it as unrendered.
    Delete render on Computer A

Computer B renders same in to out.  Set to render to the media partition on the Nexis in media creation.

Every computer sees the render.

The data bases off Computer A's have been rebuilt.

The media has been moved into Computer B.2 media directopry.

Deleted Computer A's project reference so that rebuilt on Media Composer start up.

Changed the user settings to default.

Reinstalled the Media Composer. 

No matter what Computer A cannot render properly so that other Computers can see the render?

Currently Media Composer 8.6.5 is being uninstalled to install 8.5.3 (computer A is 8.6.5, B is 8.5.3)

But there is other 8.6.5 in the company that work perfectly with other versions of Media Composer.

Has anyone had anyone had any similar experiances?
    Any ideas about what to try next if this downgraded doesn't fix it or what might be cause the issue?

Any help is greatly apreciated,

Regards,

Rory

• Tue, Mar 19 2019 9:03 PM In reply to

Re: Reading Renderded Clips on other computers?

Hi Rory,

I have experienced this in the past. It only happened once or twice where you render something and it will not show as rendrered on other computers. To combat this (and get through the edit), I opted to do a mixdown of that clip and effect and cut that into the top level over the original. That should solve your issues of circle-renders from your systems. We've been away from 8.x for some time now...so I cannot be of more help.

Marc

Windows 10 Enterprise - Dell Precision 7810 - 32GB RAM - DNxIO - Nvidia Quadro M5000 [view my complete system specs]
  • Sat, Mar 23 2019 9:44 AM In reply to

• luca.mg
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Roma - Italy
    • Posts 5,502
    • Points 64,525

Re: Reading Renderded Clips on other computers?

I stay away from mixdowns as much as possible. As for this issue: a videomixdown takes time and HD space, seems more reasonable to render again on the involved system.

Symphony 2018.9, BM Intensity Pro 4k, Windows 10, i7-5930K, 32 GB ram, Quadro K620 [view my complete system specs]

peace luca

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller