Latest post Wed, Mar 13 2019 1:49 PM by Terry Snyder. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sun, Mar 10 2019 9:05 PM

Apply Color correction to all clips in a bin

Can I apply a single color correction effect to all clips in a bin?   I want to preview various clips for a client and give him a sense of what the final shots will look like.   They all need the the same color correction.   I don't want to have to cut the clips into a sequence and apply the CC effect.   I'd just like to click through the clips and have the CC already applied.   I thought I read somewhere that MC now has source side color correction, but I've never had occasion to use it.

MC 2018.4 with Symphony, Matrox MX02 Mini Max, Win 7 Pro, HP Z800 2x6-Core 3.2Ghz Xeon, 48GB ram, Quadro K4200, SanDisk Extreme 240GB SSD as system drive... [view my complete system specs]

I have a fantastic editing assistant.  He stays by my side when I edit...doesn't talk too much...and thinks I'm a genius!    Check him out here: www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQVkYaaPO6g

• Sun, Mar 10 2019 10:40 PM In reply to

• Leo Baker
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Oct 5 2011
    • London
    • Posts 314
    • Points 3,865

Re: Apply Color correction to all clips in a bin

Hello Terry,

With the symphony add-on for Media Composer, you should be able to add a source side/grading. I haven't tried but maybe try this guide?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTnNVyDns6Q

Thanks,

Leo

Avid Media Composer 2018.12 Pro Tools 12.7 OSX Sierra 10.12.6 Computer: HP Z800 DUAL QUAD XEON X5667 3.07GHZ 96GB 2TB Caldigit HDONE Media 1TB SSD Graphics... [view my complete system specs]
  • Sun, Mar 10 2019 10:56 PM In reply to

• Leo Baker
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Oct 5 2011
    • London
    • Posts 314
    • Points 3,865

Hello Terry,

Or the other way could be create a LUT Look Up Table, and right click all the selecte dshots in the Bin, and choose 'Source Settings' then load that LUT Look UP Table for all shots, this way they will have the same?

Thanks,

Leo

Avid Media Composer 2018.12 Pro Tools 12.7 OSX Sierra 10.12.6 Computer: HP Z800 DUAL QUAD XEON X5667 3.07GHZ 96GB 2TB Caldigit HDONE Media 1TB SSD Graphics... [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Mar 11 2019 2:46 PM In reply to

• jef
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Sun, Feb 26 2006
    • Maryland
    • Posts 3,373
    • Points 40,745

I would make a sequence with all the clips in question.  I would then put the color correction on a layer above.  In fact, I might make several layers above, each with their own correction.  Using the ability to mute any layer, you could then audition various looks very quickly.

Jef

Avid DS 11.0.2 R.I.P | MC "Well, it depends ..." mostly 8.10.0 but playing w 2018.11| OS 10.11.x - various MacPro Towers - home system MacPro... [view my complete system specs]

Jef Huey

Senior Editor

Old Stuff  http://vimeo.com/album/3037796

• Wed, Mar 13 2019 1:43 PM In reply to

jef:
    I would make a sequence with all the clips in question.  I would then put the color correction on a layer above.

That's pretty much what I did.   But I had a lot of clips and it took some time to cut them all into a sequence that I could preview for the client.  That's why I was hoping I could simply appy a source side color correction at one time to all the clips in a bin.   It would be a nice time-saver.   Perhaps in a future MC release...

MC 2018.4 with Symphony, Matrox MX02 Mini Max, Win 7 Pro, HP Z800 2x6-Core 3.2Ghz Xeon, 48GB ram, Quadro K4200, SanDisk Extreme 240GB SSD as system drive... [view my complete system specs]

I have a fantastic editing assistant.  He stays by my side when I edit...doesn't talk too much...and thinks I'm a genius!    Check him out here: www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQVkYaaPO6g

• Wed, Mar 13 2019 1:44 PM In reply to

jef:
    I would make a sequence with all the clips in question.  I would then put the color correction on a layer above.

That's pretty much what I did.   But I had a lot of clips and it took some time to cut them all into a sequence that I could preview for the client.  That's why I was hoping I could simply appy a source side color correction at one time to all the clips in a bin.   It would be a nice time-saver.   Perhaps in a future MC release...

• Wed, Mar 13 2019 1:49 PM In reply to

Leo Baker:
    Or the other way could be create a LUT Look Up Table, and right click all the selecte dshots in the Bin, and choose 'Source Settings' then load that LUT Look UP Table for all shots, this way they will have the same?

I've never created my own LUT.  I don't know how to do that.  Is it as easy a creating a color correction effect?

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller